Blue Iris does not find my new B5442E-Z4E

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Having entered the correct IP address for my new B5442E-Z4E from Andy (Dahua HFW5442E-Z4E), although I can get video using Dahua RTSP, BI does not recognise this camera (suggests foscam) and so, for example, does not correctly read the sub stream (unlike all my other Dahuas). Nor is it in the list of connected cameras if I blank the address. It appears to me that ONVIF is on if that makes any difference. Would a knowledgeable person, eg fenderman, please advise...

Reaction score
Here is what BI used for mine when I did Find/inspect. But I have the substream unchecked in the cam GUI.

1596198087889.png

This is the whole string for the Main stream entry: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

Reaction score
Also, if you changed the account password since you did the first password, it may have not changed the Onvif User password. I have seen this happen for another user. Under system/account/ the Onvif user tab, make sure the password is what you expect.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks again for your support samplenhold. Unfortunately, the ONVIF password had been updated automatically. When I blank the address in BI and do a camera discovery, this one is not in the list - doesn’t need any password. ONVIF definitely still not working. Unless you have any other ideas, I will now take the camera down and do the factory reset button.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In most cases whatever BI finds in the find/inspect will work regardless of the brand. Only one of my Dahua is actually using Dahua in the camera setting in BI.

I would suggest still going to the ONVIF and changing the password to match what you want it to be - these things do quirky things sometimes.

Very few of my cameras show up in the blank the address camera discovery, so I think it is a user/pw issue.

If all you are missing is the substream pull, that is simple to fix - you just copy the main stream parameters and paste it in substream and change the number.

If none of that works, you can always try the factory reset from the GUI first before pulling it down.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If I read correctly, BI sees the camera, but you do not like that is says Foscam instead of Dahua and the substream isn't showing?

If so, screenshot the add camera screen and we can help you get the substream.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh the dreaded / main stream.

You said you still get video if you use Dahua RTSP? If so, screenshot that setup.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I get video with the generic screen too but BI doesn't read the substream etc
PS I'm not clever enough to know why I get the full image and a thumbnail
1596201999293.png1596201999293.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Add in front of channel in substream:

/cam/realmonitor?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This will still work:

Add in front of channel in substream:

/cam/realmonitor?

So it should be:

/cam/realmonitor?channel={CAMNO}&subtype=1&authbasic={AUTH64}

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Every Dahua is a little different I have seen - mine are all over the place in the BI settings.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Bingo! This works.
What fantastic support from across the pond!
Very many thanks.
I wonder if I will find another problem without ONVIF?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You are welcome.

You should have zero issues without ONVIF. The only reason you would need that is if you are pulling IVS triggers over from the camera into BI. If you are using BI motion detection, then you are all good!