Blue Iris dropping cameras

gfaulk09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, I am new to blue iris. And currently have 18 cameras connected to blue iris.
Camera feeds drop out and its always the same cameras.
Before blue iris, I was using a program that came with the cameras to monitor them. Everything worked fine. Streams was great.
Switched over to Blue iris, and now I am getting packet loss from certain camera feeds. I have been pounding my head, re-wiring cameras etc. Then I maybe thought the POE switch was the problem. Its only 100mbps. Which then got me thinking, that they were the problem. But it wasn't a problem until I switched computers and to blue iris. Now im not so sure that blue iris is the problem.
Is it possible that since im not going thru a router anymore that the feeds are dropping out. Some of the cameras are daisy chained thru unmanaged switches. Even to the point that my computer would not connect to certain cameras (not just blue iris). I didn't have this problem when I had it plugged up to a router. Maybe Windows is getting confused?

Reaction score
Sometimes if you diagram out how the network is setup and notate which cameras are having the problems it might help you locate the problem.

Also model numbers, because some of the really cheap switches are just hubs which flood all traffic to all ports, and each one adds a failure point.

Also the model of the 18 cameras Would help because 18-8MP cameras would be different than 18-1.2MP cameras.

gfaulk09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sometimes if you diagram out how the network is setup and notate which cameras are having the problems it might help you locate the problem.

Also model numbers, because some of the really cheap switches are just hubs which flood all traffic to all ports, and each one adds a failure point.

Also the model of the 18 cameras Would help because 18-8MP cameras would be different than 18-1.2MP cameras.
I do have a diagram. I didn't think that having things going thru multiple unmanaged switches would cause a problem. they are all 5mp cameras. same model. I didn't have a problem until I removed the router.

Reaction score
Unmanaged switches aren’t necessarily part of the problem. I’be bought cheap “switches” over the years that turned out to behave like hubs so it can cause problems if daisy chainring them.

Share your diagram and others can weigh in about logical places to check first based on the diagram.