blue Iris Email Server keeps crashing

Grizelda

n3wb
Reaction score
For some reason Blue Iris email server stop working ever since I stopped receiving email push notifications. (lastest version 5.7.7.11)
I restarted the application multiple times and even downgraded the version down to 5.7.5.6
Still would get the same result.
I would first open the Blue iris Settings > Email Servers> click on the plus sign> sign in ( using google authentication) and it would open up the web browser ( like it should) and after i authenticated, the web browser says to "please close this window and return to Blue Iris"> When i get that message Blue Iris automatically crashes and close the application, and when i open it again to check if the email server that i created was saved, it didnt even save

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm on 5.7.7.2, seems stable. Odd bug but by and large works fine. I've been on his build some while as scared to upgrade further.

When I had issues with another build, I found downgrading didn't help and I had to completely wipe my pc and start again. I guess the lesson here is if you have a working build, some pc cloning software and saving the working build is probably the way to go so you can roll back properly should you need to do so.

Grizelda

n3wb
Reaction score
So i gave up on gmail and went ahead and use my company given email address and that worked
( i email support, going to take a while to get a response)

just in case for future reference
This is the steps i took:
Microsoft 365 E3 license
disable Multifactor authentication or.. if you need it to be enabled then make sure to click "Allow users to create to app password to sign in to non-browser apps"
click save
go to Microsoft 365 admin center > active user> click on user>mail>Email apps click on "Manage email apps"> make sure AUTHENTICATED SMTP is checked ( enabled)
click save
go to blue iris> email servers>click plus sign (add)> outgoing SMTP Server: present: put "Windows Live Hotmail"
from email: (company email)
login: (company email)
password: (Microsoft password)
click test
it should work ..hopefully