Blue Iris - Email Video Clip Attachment Issue

NRutt2005

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I am fairly new to BI but I have got everything setup and working correctly include receiving an email when motion is triggered on each camera. However, I want receive that email with the video clip of the trigger. Currently I have it emailing me a jpg image (sometimes the jpg isn’t even there though). I cannot blue iris to send the email with a video clip no matter what I change in the settings. Has anyone had this issue? If so, did you fix it? How did you fix it if you were able to figure it out. I’ve attached a couple of photos of my setting for reference. I am running BI version 5.5.5.9 on Windows 10.

thank you in advance for the help!3AA8A7C3-3660-4142-B38C-35FE412151FE.jpeg1A4D0C85-E19E-4809-9272-BDAB642EF668.jpeg

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm quoting @Jessie.slimer 's solution below as he stated here:

"$5 one time charge for lifetime subscription to Pushover with unlimited devices per platform.
You will recieve a Pushover email address that you can send your Blue Iris/Gmail alerts to and you will receive them instantly. Works with image attachments too. No need to use your cell provider's text messaging service, which is throttling your alerts right now.
I've been using this for a while without issues"
There's even a 30 day trial if you prefer. More info here ==>> Pushover
Also, ideally get the BI app for your smartphone.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
If you are open to using pushover, check out what @jaydeel has done in this thread:

His curl command will put a link to the motion clip in ui3 right below the alert jpg on your device. It's awesome. Very fast and very reliable once it's set up.

The only caveat is that you must be on your LAN (or vpn'd into it) to see the ui3 clip. Otherwise, you'll just get the picture.