Blue Iris Extended Support and Maintenance Subscription info

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I was wondering what was going to happen when my service subscription ran out at the end of the month, and now I know. Just received this email. $29.95 = no brainer:

TRI-377.jpg

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As long as you don't do a software upgrade after your maintenance agreement expires you'll be good.

Mine expired last week. I'll wait 6 months to a year before renewing my maintenance/support. It's only 29.99 a year.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
It’s $29.95 plus taxes for the auto renewal option else it’s $34.95 plus taxes for a one off annual renewal.

I’ve been looking as mine also runs out at the end of this month.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I was chatting back and forth at one point with tech support and I was going to renew my support agreement, that was until I suddenly lost my job. 2 months later I'm working again and I was going to re-up but none of the URLs seem to work. I'm running BI V4 and it stopped updating last month, even manually. How do we contact tech support and is it still that if I re-up my support I'll get V5 with that?

UPDATE: None of the URLs or emails that I have for Blue Iris seem to work. Any suggestions?
Blue iris 4 has not seen an update since the release of bi5 one year ago. I just tested the links on the Blue Iris website they work

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Only if I could really see any differences and I can't. (free CoreTemp software) does not show any improvement/difference from BI4 to BI5. Only difference noticeable, overlay included now in recording and snapshots. The promised (hyped?) improvements from BI4 to BI5, I can't find them. This on my i9 desktop nor on my Alienware i9 laptop nor on my new i7 2in1 Dell.
All running win11.
2in1 is running BI4 but I installed BI5 (demo) just to see if it would make a difference. None, same numbers in CoreTemp.
I am not negative on the software, obviously since I am using it for years and have BI4 and BI5 licenses but somehow I noticed the updates in BI5 are more like patches to correct problems that the software has and where only discovered by feedback from the software to the developer. (Some people may call it also spyware since the software is analysing your usage and data and reports it back). Now smoke that in your pipe. :) :) :)
Sorry
Um let's see - two big improvements from V4 to B5 include the ability to use substreams and DeepStack AI, and dozens of other improvements. Those two alone are worth the price of the new version. CoreTemp is only telling you about the processor temp and stuff, not actual improvements to the program, so go smoke that in your pipe :lmao:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
How would using a utility that measure the temperature of CPU cores tell you what changes have been made to a piece of software?

I am normally very polite and never rude but what a load of bull crap! You need to re-evaluate how you evaluate stuff.

At the end of the day the decision is your and yours only to make if upgrading is going to be worth your while.

Col8

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just come to the end of my first year with BI.

Going to get the renewal. Just thought I'd check if there was a discount available through this forum before I make the purchase.

Pastelaso

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry, I know this thread is old, but didn't want to create a new one just for this.
My sub expired a few weeks ago.. would I be able to purchase the extend subs or will I have to buy the full thing all over again?