Blue iris freezes when i open the app???

ryderr6

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay so thanks to this site i have a very decent setup running a dell optiplex 3020 8gb ddr3 intel i5 at 3.2ghz and an ssd 250 with wd 4tb purple as storage. im running 15 dahua cameras and the system is stable when viewing from the PC nvr. that took alot of work cpu is 40-75%. my proplem is if i open the ios app on my phone cpu ram and hdd spike to 100% and the pc crashes. Is their a setting im missing? when i access the nvr on another computer it does the same thing.

ryderr6

n3wb
Reaction score
yes i have i ended up adjusting the live view to 15fps and that helped alot. i also changed the pc to a newer one running ddr4 and 16gb of ram but as soon as i log in remotely everything spikes cpu ram hdd. i think my problem is cam speed whenever i check the box to limit cam speed to 12 fps and log back in to said cam its back to max fps 30 to 40

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yes i have i ended up adjusting the live view to 15fps and that helped alot. i also changed the pc to a newer one running ddr4 and 16gb of ram but as soon as i log in remotely everything spikes cpu ram hdd. i think my problem is cam speed whenever i check the box to limit cam speed to 12 fps and log back in to said cam its back to max fps 30 to 40
Did you specifically adjust, as per the Wiki:

"Camera frame rates - 15 FPS
This setting is configured individually for each camera in the camera's web interface. "

- and -

"Live preview frame rate
Open Blue Iris Options, then on the Cameras tab, enable the "Limit live preview rate" setting and assign a fairly low number for the rate limit."