blue iris has stopped working

rebelbah

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All, would appreciate any suggestions.
I installed Blue Iris V 5.0.6.9 on a computer with windows with all updates, and transferred my BI backup configuration from another computer, and when I let it upgrade to BI Version 5.2.6.5 i keep getting blue iris has stopped working, if i uninstall BI and reinstall it before the update it works fine. any suggestions to get past this update

Attachments

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What if you install the latest version initially instead of an older version and then upgrading?

rebelbah

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What if you install the latest version initially instead of an older version and then upgrading?
I went to Blueirissoftware and downloaded the file again, uninstalled BI then installed the newly downloaded one and same result

rebelbah

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
update : I installed the "Feature update to windows 10 version 1901" then upgraded BI and got a "Fatal error attempting to reconnect local service" screen shot below

Attachments

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
The service needs to be running using the same credentials as the user ID that you used to logon and install BI.

It would also be worthwhile installing the VC runtime libraries before installing BI although this isn’t strictly necessary as the installation does come with and should install a version that it requires. I just download the latest cumulative version of these and then installed BI.

rebelbah

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The service needs to be running using the same credentials as the user ID that you used to logon and install BI.

It would also be worthwhile installing the VC runtime libraries before installing BI although this isn’t strictly necessary as the installation does come with and should install a version that it requires. I just download the latest cumulative version of these and then installed BI.
downloaded the vc_redist.x64.exe as I have win 10 64bit, installed but when upgraded to BI Version 5.2.6.5 it either came up with fatal error or BI stopped working as in previous images

AP514

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I guess you cleared out the Key, email, ect. from that screen shot ?

If not is BI registered ?

NM...I see your EXP. Date of 2021.

YUP time to get HELP. by Email

Last edited by a moderator:

rebelbah

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure what that means. It looks like the button is hot. So If you click on it nothing happens?

It is probably the time to email support. Use the 'Email support' button on the About tab, bottom right.
when i update or uninstall and download the latest from BISoftware it crashes, screenshots in earlier chat

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
If you are running BI as a service, first disable that option within the settings. Make you that you then close and restart the BI interface and then try upgrading.

If you are not running BI as a service then try enabling that option, again close and restart the BI interface and then try again.