Blue Iris - Hikvision ECI-T44F2

Richdem

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good evening all,

Happy Friday !

I would like to add a camera to the outside of my property facing the driveway. I currently have 4 Amcrest WiFI camera's indoors running on their own wireless network which have performed brilliantly over the years. I have found some Hikvision ECI-T44F2 camera's brand new locally for a pretty decent price.

I searched but haven't really found that much info. I couldn't even find them on Hikvision's Canadian or US website. I believe they are part of the value range.

Was wondering if anyone has any experience of them and if so how is the day/night image quality with Blue Iris.

Thanks in advance

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Image quality in BI will depend on the IQ of the camera. In this case, it's 4MP on a 1/3 sensor and night specs are about what you'd expect. So won't be all that great at night.

I've had other Hikvision cams with the same sensor/specs and they were kind of "Meh." All have been replaced. The relatively inexpensive Amcrest IP5M-T1179EW or Annke 5MP cams @ ~ $45 are better.

Last edited:

Richdem

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Image quality in BI will depend on the IQ of the camera. In this case, it's 4MP on a 1/3 sensor and night specs are about what you'd expect. So won't be all that great at night.

I've had other Hikvision cams with the same sensor/specs and they were kind of "Meh." All have been replaced. The relatively inexpensive Amcrest or Annke 5MP cams @ ~ $45 are better.
Thank you

I found the Annke C500 on Amazon for $79.99. Is that the one you mean ?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I believe so. I don't have that one. It's $56 on Annke's site so you probably can do better on the price. Both Annke and Amcrest have sales and Amazon coupons fairly regularly for these cams.

I do have a couple of the Amcrest. It's not like one of the better Dahua/Hikvision cams but for the money they're OK.

There are threads here discussing both.