Blue Iris / Hikvision rarely sending videos in emails

Wendysi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I am hoping someone can help with this problem. I have searched the forums but can't see anything that is similar.

I have Blue Iris that now has nine cameras on it. Six are Logitech Wilife and three are Hikvision. For a little over a year I have had the six Wilife and one Hikvision 2CD2442FWD-IW working with no problems sending me emails that contained two snapshops and one .mp4. This past weekend I installed another of the same Hikvision above and also a Hikivision dome 2CD2142FWD-IS. The installation was good and I ran a bunch of tests but when I left that location and got home I discovered that the majority of the emails I was receiving did not contain the .mp4 video. I've run a bunch of tests but it looks like besides only occasionally sending me an email with the video, I will also get one whenever I go into the camera and click, ok, ok, etc. to update the camera in Blue Iris, but then I get no more after that until it decides it wants to send another. Not getting the video also started happening to the first Hikvision but I hadn't made any changes to it except going into it to see what settings it had to make sure they were the same.

These run on an i5 with 16GB memory and 300GB free disk space that I bought only to run Blue Iris. It's been in service since March of last year running Win 7. I've rebooted the machine a few times trying to get this to work. The last version of Blue Iris is 4.4.3.3 x64. I didn't think that was a problem since the one Hikvision has been on there for over a year. The last time I tried to upgrade after that version, the Wilife cams stopped working so I just stopped there since I am not there a lot and needed as much surveillance as possible. All the Hikvisions are run with poe. Is there anything I can be overlooking before I have to do a reinstall?

Thanks!

Wendy