Blue Iris & Home Assistant No Motion MQTT Triggered

kuramalt

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I saw a similar post here but there was no solution provided. I setup my BI and HA using Blue Iris v5 as reference.
IP address is for my VM HA. MQTT Broker has a unique user ID on HA. Blue Iris also connect to BA with unique user ID on HA.

When I stand in front of my camera, the video is captured on BI with Person Detected. However, the HA motion binary node for this camera did not capture anything. I figured BI's MQTT didn't post to HA. Same result when I test trigger in BlueIris.
Wondering what I did wrong.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you used something like MQTT Explorer to sniff the commands on the MQTT network? That's usually the easiest way to determine what is or is not being sent.

kuramalt

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you used something like MQTT Explorer to sniff the commands on the MQTT network? That's usually the easiest way to determine what is or is not being sent.
I just downloaded MQTT Explorer, connected to MQTT Broker. It did sent to broker, but Home Assistant did not receive it?

Attachments

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
I just downloaded MQTT Explorer, connected to MQTT Broker. It did sent to broker, but Home Assistant did not receive it?
That's what it looks like. This means it is probably a configuration issue with Home Assistant. (It's likely that HA received the command, but didn't know what to do with it due to the configuration issue).

iwanttosee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I assume you're using Mosquitto broker in HA? This is how mine is setup. Remember to reset the payload status to OFF so it can be trigger again later.

1657547310105.png

1657547373546.png

Last edited: