Blue Iris icon in browser toolbar.

potluckman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Pretty new to Blue Iris but have four cameras up and running. Since updating to the newest version, each active camera is putting icon in my browser toolbar which is unacceptable.
I seem to remember having a option in the right click options menu to shut this off but now I do not find it. Anyone know how to get rid of these icons.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have never heard of blue iris adding anything to the browser toolbar. Is this IE? Chrome? Can you post a screen shot?

potluckman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have never heard of blue iris adding anything to the browser toolbar. Is this IE? Chrome? Can you post a screen shot?
I am using Firefox for browser. Seems once they appear I cannot get rid of them except by restarting Blue Iris. Tried to attach a open office file of screen shot
but forum would not except. But there is little to see on browser if that is what you were referring to. With four cameras I have I Blue Iris icons, four say My
Cam and one says Blue Iris. When I click on Blus Iris, it's home screen comes up but no images. Then if I click each camera Icon the images appear ok BUT
the five Icons are still in the tool tray at bottom of browser. Like I said I had found a Option to turn this off in previous version but when I updated to latest
version two days ago this started happening and I cannot find a option to turn it off now.

UPDATE: i think I misspoke. The Icons are not in browser try they are in the Open program bar at bottom of windows and if I minimize everything then the four images
are on the desktop and no idea how or why they get there. Sorry for Mis-statement.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sounds like you have somehow managed to open all of your cameras in desktop windows. Right-click one of the camera windows and un-check "Open in desktop window". It should close and once again be shown within the Blue Iris user interface.

potluckman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you much digger, as it turned out I happened to right click on a camera and then seen the check box I had seen in old revision. I had remember I did it over in blank area to right. Wrong.
Hey at 66 I get to call it a Senior moment. Either way it explains the other problems of image shift ect. Although I stumbled on to it just about the time I seen I had a email I still really appreciate
you taking time for the quick response.

Leonard