Blue Iris iOS app not responding sometimes

tran383

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Occasionally when I am on AT&T cellular only, I can connect to my Blue Iris app but when I click on cameras it doesn't display anything. Once I connect to WiFi then everything comes up fine, I can preview, scrub videos etc, no issues. Does anyone know if this is related to how I've setup my cameras that causes so much bandwidth that it can't respond on cellular sometimes? Here are some details around my setup, if you see something off please let me know.

1. I'm using cert based OpenVPN on my iOS to connect to my Blue Iris computer running v.5.0.7.2 x64, no port forwarding. Orbi router with VPN setup.
2. PC is Dell Precision running Win10 v.1909, i7-6700, 32gb, 256gb nvme, 6TB purple drive internally. Looking to expand an external 6TB skyhawk since there's not more slots internally.
3. BI is running around 28-33% cpu usage with RAM at 3.41G
4. All camera settings in BI are set to record continuous, direct-to-disc, audio enabled, trigger motion sensor is all currently default, hardware accelerated decode: Intel, max rate set to match camera at 15fps, enable overlays unchecked.
5. All camera settings on the ip camera itself are set to Frame Rate (FPS) 15, with no other setup in IVS or anything under Event yet
6. I have a mix of 2mp (5231) and 4mp (5442), attached is my camera list with info.
7. Attached is my clip storage info.

Let me know if you see something obvious that I've missed. I know my cameras set off a lot of trigger alerts because I haven't configured any thing yet but not sure if that contributes to the high bandwidth when trying to connect over cellular, therefore not responding.

Thanks!

Attachments