Blue Iris iOS client Camera Speaker Problems (iphone microphone not working)

Reaction score
I'm having a weird problem. I just bought a Dahua 4433 (4431) and everything works... except push to talk in blue iris

Dahua 4431R-AS - BlueIris Doesn't use cam speaker :(

What makes me think it's a Blue iris problem is that I can change the "hail" file and it will play the tone perfectly when I hit the button to talk in the iPhone mobile app, but it won't pick up my screaming into the phone on the other end.

Is there something I need to do?

supre

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nevermind I figured it out - I had to enable my user to have PTZ/Control
did you made any other settings? From my computer I can use the mic and it’s coming out the camera, from the iOS app nothing comes out not even the hail sound when I push the mic button in the iOS app

Reaction score
did you made any other settings? From my computer I can use the mic and it’s coming out the camera, from the iOS app nothing comes out not even the hail sound when I push the mic button in the iOS app
That's weird, perhaps the settings in your iOS app are not correct ??

Like many, even when I got the sound to pipe in eventually from the app but it was so garbled even on local wifi that I gave up. Over 4G it made almost no noise at all and certainly not discernible. However, that "hail" sound always worked

I ended up using a program called "mumble" and hooking it up to to an intercom box I made near the camera. I split the analog from the microphone to go into the cam as well so blue iris could still listen, but the 2-way is all mumble now. You can put mumble on a Rapsberry Pi. I'm not sure PoE pipes enough watts to run a pi and a cam (probably not ??) but you can look into power adapters and things like that on amazon.

Sucks blue iris can't make a decent phone app, I strongly recommend AGAINST buying it -- just use the great blue iris web interface, duckdns, and the click over to mumble app on your phone if you want 2-way audio.

not sure if anyone else has other recommendations.