Blue Iris- Iphone-AT&T-MMS from Motion

phydeaux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Trying to resolve issue where I am not receiving MMS messages when Motion is detected.

I've narrowed the issue down to using an iphone on the AT&T network, Although I'm not sure if it's isolated to Where I'm Located (South Florida).

If I change the notification address in Blue Iris from <My Phone@mms.att.net> (for picture w/ text mms) to <MY Phone@txt.att.net (Text only SMS) I receive the text (text only no Pic) from Blue iris that movement has been detected.

When set to MMS, usually I will get a picture notification 18 - 24 hours after the event.

I've tried 2 different iphones (5s & 8 plus) Running Most current IOS available dependent on the phone. I have tried all setting on the iPhones (iMessage on & off, Wifi on-off, MMS enabled, resets etc.). MMS requires Group messaging on & minimum 3g Network and that is not an issue with my iPhones.

I have tested on Android and there is no issue and MMS messages from Blue Iris are received within a few seconds. The Android phone tested on is a family member living in North Fla. on my AT&T plan using the AT&T network.

Anyone have similar issue OR hopefully someone has solved the issue in the past (Outside of ditching the iPhone) would appreciate some feed back.

phydeaux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After several hours online / on phone with AT&T, I finally found someone that knows something about the issue.

They made several comments regarding this
1) its been a issue with iPhones on & off for a long time.
2) They have been having issues in the So. Fla. Area with capacity & certain types of MMS /SMS get held up and stored to be sent when there is available bandwidth

What seems to have fixed the issue though is this Tech., took my account off line and did some type of internal reboot.
This seems to have resolved the issue with not receiving MMS messages for the most part (not 100% perfect in sending all MMS when triggered).

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the followup info....could save someone else some grief and fun time on the phone.:facepalm:

molimelight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was having the same problem with AT&T and MMS. I found that when I switched mail accounts it solved the problem. I was using my Spectrum mail account and switched to my Outlook account and it seems to be working again. I'm not sure why the Spectrum account wasn't relaying the MMS. I now get the text within seconds of an alert. I can't seem to get any consistency out of the push notifications on the Android app but I'm new to it, having acquired an Android phone only recently (Zenfone 5Q). I had a Windows phone prior to that; talk about primitive.