Blue Iris is awesome!

wayner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am a very new user and I just bought my license of BI.

I have only scratched the surface so far and have probably only used 5-10% of the functionality but I have to say the BI is awesome! It allowed me to set up a system with various IP cams that I have bought over the years and get them up and working in minutes. The flexibility you have with triggering events is amazing. It is hard to believe that this system was written by a single person.

And BI also integrates well with my Control4 Home Automation system so that I can get the camera feeds within the Control4 app on my iPad/iPhone.

Tuckerdude

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey Wayner...

Welcome to the Blue Iris family! Yeah...it's a great piece of software with a ton of functionality, combined with high reliability, frequent updates, and amazing support for hardware of all kinds. The more time you spend with it, the more you will like it! Trust me!

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It is awesome software! You will find days that you think you are on top of the world with your settings and along comes wind, clouds and sunshine triggers all day. Switched to pir's for 2 cams and you get that feeling again of euphoria and then a extremely windy gets them too. There are some impressive members on here and they will tell you how it is and if you are wrong or right for that matter. I go nowhere else for help. These guys are the bomb.

Pete_Repeat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Same findings here. Came from an Android based surveillance app which I had a few dramas with, and then tried ispy... Ended up here at Blue Iris and the flexibility and reliability are many times greater than the others.