Blue iris issue possible memory leak

chevelle01

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I’ve been playing with just 1 2mp starlight camera for a bit now when I first started everything within 2-3 days my cpu % pegged itself it started off at like 7-8%. I followed the directions of turning off video updates etc and installing a recommended driver. This fixed it for a while but about every 3 weeks I would need to reboot the pc as it slowly climbs up in cpu% and when it hits like 60% the comp is completely bogged down to the point where it’s easiest just to pull the plug to reboot as it takes forever to even do a reboot, it’s like it frozen. I’m gonna say I’m down to 10-14 days and I need a reboot to keep everything running smooth and at low cpu usage.

Is there a fix that would make reboots not be required? Or would or is it possible to have it automatically reboot itself every week at a specified time without me having to do anything? It seems to go at least a week running at 6-8% with zero issues. I’ve just been keeping an eye on cpu % and been rebooting when it climbs which seems to work but I would like it to be more maintenance free then every 2 weeks or so

Edcfish

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have you looked at Blue Iris Tools?

chevelle01

n3wb
Reaction score
After some searching i did find a couple things. When I first set everything up I was on blue iris 4 then a week or two later switched to blue iris 5 and it appears some of the intel options were changed. The thing that seems odd is my problem has slowly becoming more frequent instead of needing a reboot every 3 weeks I’m down to needing one almost every week now.

I will go thru the whole setup again and see if anything else has been changed and see if it makes any difference for me.

Edcfish

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Possibly the CPU monitor of the watchdog in BI Tools.
You can specify it to close/restart BI if CPU goes above a % for a period of time.
BIToolsWatchdog.png
I have not had occasion to use it, but it may do the auto-restart you are seeking.

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You didn't write anything about memory, only CPU. So, it's not a memory leak.