Blue iris issue with Windows 10

Reaction score
My BI server upgraded to Windows 10. Looks like everything came back except for BI. I tried compatibility mode from previous version and it was still the same. The Blue Iris service just wont start. It will try to start then stops again.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My BI server upgraded to Windows 10. Looks like everything came back except for BI. I tried compatibility mode from previous version and it was still the same. The Blue Iris service just wont start. It will try to start then stops again.
Welcome to the forum. uninstall and reinstall blue iris. Make sure you have the license key. I would recommned a clean install of windows, not the upgrade. Its fast and easy via windows media creation tool.

Reaction score
Thank you. That's what I did uninstall and reinstall. Bummer Lost everything and I need to re-setup all the cameras I didn't have the backup from before. The last backup I had was from an older version which it wouldn't take.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you. That's what I did uninstall and reinstall. Bummer Lost everything and I need to re-setup all the cameras I didn't have the backup from before. The last backup I had was from an older version which it wouldn't take.
Sorry, I should have mentioned to backup your settings. I would highly recommend doing a clean windows install on any VMS pc.