Blue Iris Issue

Hawkins

n3wb
Reaction score
So I am using Blue Iris to pull in a Unifi G3 Instant camera via RTSP. I was able to get the camera set up and it was functioning just fine. I have a couple other cameras in Blue Iris and having my Record settings to be as follows:
1653659967647.png

When I noticed my recordings for the new camera I set up (not the above) were being saved in odd time intervals, I set out to update my recording settings for the new camera I set up to match that of my other cameras (above). After changing, it worked fine for about 4 hrs (2 full recordings), then something odd started occuring. For some reason, it appears the BlueIris program is losing connection with the camera every 1 second, reconnecting, and then losing again. I woke up this morning to about 1000 saved recording clips between 1 and 20 seconds long. I did not make any network changes and the only thing I adjusted was the recording timeline noted above. To troubleshoot, I can view the camera feed via RTSP uninterrupted via my PC and that camera feed is uninterrupted when viewing the G3 Instant in the Unifi Protect software. The issue seems to be isolated between Blue Iris and the camera. Any thoughts or suggestions? My Blue Iris version is 5.4.6.3

Additional comment on troubleshooting -- I run my Blue Iris on a separate "server" than the PC I checked the RTSP feed from mentioned above. On my "Blue Iris Server" (which is really just a "server" running Windows and only is used for Blue Iris), I did run VLC and was able to pull the feed uninterrupted between camera and server. This reinforces thought that it's a Blue Iris issue. I checked frame rates, I deleted/re-added the camera, etc. and not having any luck with this. Crazy that it worked fine for a day and then started doing this all of a sudden.

The camera details with the BI issues are as follows:
1653660063392.png1653660090442.png1653660168957.png

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BI version?
A screen shot of BI's "Video" = "Configuration" page?

EDIT: when you moved your post from "NVRs" over to BI's "troubleshooting" your image didn't come with it, I think.

Hawkins

n3wb
Reaction score
BI version?
A screen shot of BI's "Video" = "Configuration" page?

EDIT: when you moved your post from "NVRs" over to BI's "troubleshooting" your image didn't come with it, I think.
You're right! I updated original post

Sphinxicus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The "Basement" camera is set to record when triggered, the camera at the top of your post is set to continuous recording. Does the issue of "recording clips between 1 and 20 seconds long " still occur if changed to continuous? (assuming the "Basement" camera is the problem cam)

Hawkins

n3wb
Reaction score
The "Basement" camera is set to record when triggered, the camera at the top of your post is set to continuous recording. Does the issue of "recording clips between 1 and 20 seconds long " still occur if changed to continuous? (assuming the "Basement" camera is the problem cam)
Correct -- it was continuous before I reinstalled the camera. This makes no effect on the issue. I set it to "When triggered" to avoid having 1 sec clips for the Basement. By way of example, I set to "continuous" and here's what happens... It doesn't trigger the camera; however, creates 1 second clips then reconnects the camera, then 1 sec clip, reconnects...My other cams have a nice neat cutoff of 2 hr clips that even on every "even" hour (ie. 8, 10, 12, 2 etc.)1653661764233.png

Hawkins

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok - I may be on to something but not sure what exactly. The last clip I have was started at 2:00am and ran for 1 hrs and 14m (roughly 3:14 am). Unifi Protect (the application needed to run the camera) had an automatic update installed at 3:10 am. At 3:11 am, my basement cam disconnected for a 3 minutes before reconnecting and after that, it started doing the thing it's doing now.

So now I believe the issue is with Unifi Protect update but what would cause it to not communicate well with Blue Iris? As mentioned, I can RTSP into the camera from my main PC and my Blue Iris Windows "Server" through VLC and get the feed uninterrupted. I'll try to roll back the update but curious to see thoughts.

Michael M

n3wb
Reaction score
So now I believe the issue is with Unifi Protect update but what would cause it to not communicate well with Blue Iris? As mentioned, I can RTSP into the camera from my main PC and my Blue Iris Windows "Server" through VLC and get the feed uninterrupted. I'll try to roll back the update but curious to see thoughts.
I had the same issue as you after the Unifi Protect update. A work around is to disable the audio channel on each feed and my cameras now seem stable. Not sure if an audio bug was introduced with the Unifi update or a fix is needed in Blue Iris. Hope that helps.

henrye718

n3wb
Reaction score
I had the same issue as you after the Unifi Protect update. A work around is to disable the audio channel on each feed and my cameras now seem stable. Not sure if an audio bug was introduced with the Unifi update or a fix is needed in Blue Iris. Hope that helps.
I hope they fix it I had to turn off the audio channel on 30 of my cameras, the 30 G3s, 5 of them I did not have to, they are G2s. I am not sure of the difference but the G2s were not affected by the problems this update caused.