Blue Iris & ISY944

Mattspam

n3wb
Reaction score
Dunno where this should go. Blue Iris or Home Automation. Sorry.

I want to set my blue iris garage cam to record whenever the garage door is open. I dont care if there is motion or not. Then when its closed stop recording.

I have Blue Iris node server running and I can get it to trigger whenever the garage door opens, but as soon as there is no motion, it stops recording.

It will record motion just fine like a regular motion detected cam. But I want it to record until the door is closed. Not only when there is motion.

Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you looked at BI's "HTTP Commands" in the Help file?

Perhaps if your HA could issue a HTTP command when the door is up like "http://BI-server-IP:BI-port/admin?camera=x&manrec=1" (1 or 0 to Start or stop manual recording on camera or group x [short name]

Or change profiles, etc. Lots of options there.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think changing profiles might the easiest. Have one profile where your garage camera doesn't record full-time, then another profile where it does. Use an ISY program to toggle the profiles based on the garage door status.

Mattspam

n3wb
Reaction score
Aristobrat, Tony R

Thanks. I came up with enable/disable camera when open/closed. LOL

I have never even setup any profiles, but that seems to be the best solution. I guess I will have to learn profiles feature now. Definitely better than disabling the camera altogether.

Thank you both!

Mattspam

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, I guess I should learn profiles, but I dont have to. LOL

Garage cam now set to record continuous.

ISY has pause/continue..

so if the garage is open the cam is set to continue. If its closed it is paused.

I still can see live feed and it starts back to recording as soon as the door is about halfway open.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Profiles can be pretty cool. I have one setup where the cameras are set to not send notifications. I use that when I'm working in the yard/driveway and get tired of my phone/watch being buzzed every 30 seconds.