Blue Iris keeps shutting down after login from phone

bluecam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Today Blue Iris 5 latest stable version just keep repeatedly shutting down a minute or two after I login from phone. Password seems fine. The only clue I see in log is
about GMAIL smtp server refused username password (although I verified they are correct). I saw some older links saying to create separate gmail password for non google apps - not sure if that has anything to do with it.
Only other thing I can think of is used google meet first time today.
Anyone come across this recently?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not directly related, but a few have posted latest update has a memory leak and crashes their system - maybe yours is crashing other times and you haven't noticed? Log in to main computer and see if it shows it restarting other times.

bluecam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't see other restarts until it started today. Now it shutsdown every time I login from phone. Should I try to go back a version? Not sure where to look for memory leak but don't see it in log file.
It doesn't restart automatically, I have to relaunch each time. Doesn't denote username password for server complaints, only smtp.

says password not accepted. Learn more at blah blah gmail, which takes me to link about badcredentials.
CLIENT: 535-5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at535 5.7.8 Can't sign in to your Google Account - Gmail Help 31sm5142207oto.18 - gsmtp

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You don't have BI setup as a service to restart on shutdown?

The memory leak wouldn't show up in the log file, but restarts would.

I would probably rollback a version.

bluecam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You don't have BI setup as a service to restart on shutdown?

The memory leak wouldn't show up in the log file, but restarts would.

I would probably rollback a version.
I may have it setup, but the way I usually do it, it doesn't relaunch the GUI only sever in background (and phone is getting kicked out, maybe I didn't have that on this system have to go back and look how I selected that). Here it is the GUI that keeps crashing. Will try rollback. edit. did not have it set, just now selected run as windows service to enable auto restart (as I understand it). Rolled back to 5.8.0.4x64

update. so far so good. Still not passing smtp test, but seem to have problems all the time with that and gmail smtp. Not sure why that would kill remote login on newest version.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I may have it setup, but the way I usually do it, it doesn't relaunch the GUI only sever in background (and phone is getting kicked out, maybe I didn't have that on this system have to go back and look how I selected that). Here it is the GUI that keeps crashing. Will try rollback. edit. did not have it set, just now selected run as windows service to enable auto restart (as I understand it). Rolled back to 5.8.0.4x64

update. so far so good. Still not passing smtp test, but seem to have problems all the time with that and gmail smtp. Not sure why that would kill remote login on newest version.
You are Beta testing by running any version that is not deemed stable.
Stick to stable versions for less headaches.
Turn off auto update in BI.