BLUE IRIS login via UI3 and Android app

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi..I've installed my 1st test cam and installed BI. I can access the cam from desktop, but after setting up UI3 and installing Android app I am having issues logging in via both web and android. On desktop I have the user set to load admin ID via service... but for UI3 and android what should I be using for login? Using the same login info from desktop doesn't work...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The answers you seek are in my response to your post in the other thread...

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The answers you seek are in my response to your post in the other thread...

Yeah that wa som.eone else's thread. I set up the stunnel option you mentioned and pert checker shows 8080 open, but the problem in UI3 and android seems to be my login ID but not sure why

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Go into the BI settings tab and create a new user and try that.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes - create another user that isn't tied to the Windows computer login.

Make it like Temp and Temp for testing purposes.

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes - create another user that isn't tied to the Windows computer login.

Make it like Temp and Temp for testing purposes.
hmm... ok i was able to access UI3 login locally on LAN with new id... but trying to access on my phone via app...it just spins like its trying to connect but stops with no errors... also trying to access UI3 login via phone with external wan ip results in error that site cant be reached

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You need to establish a secure way to access your network from outside of your local LAN.

VPN Primer

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You need to establish a secure way to access your network from outside of your local LAN.

VPN Primer
I did I set up STUNNEL...

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll leave you to the STUNNEL experts, but you've got something wrong with that configuration.

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

VPN Primer
yeah sorry this is all new to me...not a techy networking kind of guy..old and slow.. I was up all night just trying to setup what I have so far...

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
yes thats the video I used to set it up. I found another video on STUNNEL and instead of creating a new entry in the STUNNEL.CONF file he edited one of the entries that was remarked out. I think I had spacing wrong or something in one of the lines for the Blue Iris entry because after editing it I can now access UI3 interface with my phone on external network. Still cant get the Android BI app to connect though for some reason... no error messages just the spinning circle then nothing

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Check your router. Many have OpenVPN built in, like Asus and Netgear. If it dies it's basically a point and click operation to enable it on the router. On the Android you'd need to download the OpenVPN client and install a config file that your router will generate. It's pretty easy and fast to setup.

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Check your router. Many have OpenVPN built in, like Asus and Netgear. If it dies it's basically a point and click operation to enable it on the router. On the Android you'd need to download the OpenVPN client and install a config file that your router will generate. It's pretty easy and fast to setup.
I have a gateway all in one Nokia BGW320 from ATT so no stand alone router. It sounds like STUNNEL is working correctly as I am able to access my Blue Iris server via the UI3 interface from outside my home network. But for some reason the android version of BI is unable to reach the server....

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a gateway all in one Nokia BGW320 from ATT so no stand alone router. It sounds like STUNNEL is working correctly as I am able to access my Blue Iris server via the UI3 interface from outside my home network. But for some reason the android version of BI is unable to reach the server....
When you connect to UI3 from outside your home network, is the connection using "http://" or "https://"? You might have missed the dropdown box in the Blue Iris mobile app where you need to select this. Also maybe you did not enter the port number in the mobile app?

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When you connect to UI3 from outside your home network, is the connection using "http://" or "https://"? You might have missed the dropdown box in the Blue Iris mobile app where you need to select this. Also maybe you did not enter the port number in the mobile app?
https:// is what I am using for UI3 ,

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make the LAN and WAN the same in the app.