Blue Iris losing camera signals after some time, deleting the camera and adding it again solves it ... but happens again

petekaner

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm using BlueIris with 5 Reolink 410 POE cameras in a dedicated server (AMD Ryzen 5, 16 GB of RAM, 4TB RAID 1 dedicated HD)

For some time it has worked fine, but yesterday I found that all the cameras were not working with the No Signal error. I check by login in the cameras by their IP address and their were fine. I read somewhere here to delete and create the cameras again. It worked but just for some minutes, after it stopped working again.

I capture two streams of every camera, the main stream and the substream.
Captura de pantalla 2020-08-26 a las 10.35.19.png
Captura de pantalla 2020-08-26 a las 10.34.23.png

And the annoying thing is that some of the cameras work for the main stream but not the substream.

Any idea why this might be happening? Thanks in advance

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@DognamedTank submitted the following post in March of 2018 that he used and solved an issue for the OP here.

Note that it employs BI's drop-down selection for the Reolink and RTMP protocol, not RTSP. You may have to settle for just the main stream.

EDIT: Note also that he stated "....Make sure that the 410 is configured to use the baseline profile."

petekaner

n3wb
Reaction score
@DognamedTank submitted the following post in March of 2018 that he used and solved an issue for the OP here.

Note that it employs BI's drop-down selection for the Reolink and RTMP protocol, not RTSP. You may have to settle for just the main stream.

EDIT: Note also that he stated "....Make sure that the 410 is configured to use the baseline profile."
Thanks a lot, the only issue I see is if I use the RTMP protocolor I just can get the 640x480 resolution, right?
BTW what POE bullet cameras work GREAT with blue iris then?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, the only issue I see is if I use the RTMP protocolor I just can get the 640x480 resolution, right?
Not a Reolink owner/user so I can't say.
BTW what POE bullet cameras work GREAT with blue iris then?
For great low light operation I'd go with 2 to 4MP Dahua's with the Starlight sensor or Hikvision with the comparable Darkfighter sensor....even the Dahua-built Amcrest can be had with the Starlight tech, but I'd contact @EMPIRETECANDY for some pricing on his line.

Last edited: