Blue Iris mobile app - iPhone

Jameedon

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having trouble getting the mobile app to work on my iPhone. I had it working until I had to restore my computer to an earlier date prior to when BI was installed. So now that I got BI4 installed on my computer again, I can view my camera just fine. I can also see my camera by accessing it through a web browser. But now I can't get the mobile app to connect. What IP address is supposed to go in the LAN and what IP goes in the WAN? Before when I had it working I think I had just my computers IP in the LAN, and had the cameras IP and http port in the WAN.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Jameedon The lan should have your blue iris pc local IP address and port... The wan should have your external ip address and port that is forwarded to the local IP of your blue iris pc...

Sent via Taptalk

Jameedon

n3wb
Reaction score
Where can I find the port of my local IP address? Is my local IP address just the IP address of my computer?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Where can I find the port of my local IP address? Is my local IP address just the IP address of my computer?
The local ip is the ip address of the pc running blue iris..that is why its important to make that ip address static so it never changes (you can simply reserve the ip address for the pc, in your routers dhcp reservations.)...the port is set in the webserver tab in BI...i would set it to something high like 8383....

Jameedon

n3wb
Reaction score
Messing around trying different addresses and ports, I either get 1 of 2 messages - "Unable to make connection; check server address." or "Login failed: no matching user/pw"

Out of those 2 messages I get, which one tells you that I'm closer to doing something right? I'm sure that the username and PW is entered correctly on the PC and mobile app. And I do have the port set to a number in the 8000's.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Try creating a new user.. Make sure you are not leaving spaces after the user name and password.. Remember BOTH are case sensitive... Even the username...

Sent via Taptalk

Jameedon

n3wb
Reaction score
That worked. Not only was it that I made a new user, but that was the only user I've ever made in BI. I made a username and PW with the IP Camera tool when I first hooked the camera up before I even got BI, is that username and PW different than what BI uses?

Why was it that I was able to connect to the camera with the BI mobile app before my computer crashed? This was when there were no users in the Users list in BI.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That worked. Not only was it that I made a new user, but that was the only user I've ever made in BI. I made a username and PW with the IP Camera tool when I first hooked the camera up before I even got BI, is that username and PW different than what BI uses?

Why was it that I was able to connect to the camera with the BI mobile app before my computer crashed? This was when there were no users in the Users list in BI.
Great..the blue iris user name and password is not related to the cameras...the only way you could have connected before is if you set the webserver to allow anonymous visitors without using name and password - set to no authentication.