Blue Iris not showing all clips

crowdx

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,
so over the last couple of days Blue Iris has not displayed more than a day's worth of recorded clips (I have it set to store 90 days of video).
I presume there is an issue with the database. If I delete the database can Blue Iris reconstruct the database for all the clips I have stored for the last 90 days or are those clips lost from a database perspective and only available if I manually browse for them?

Thought?
Patrick

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,
so over the last couple of days Blue Iris has not displayed more than a day's worth of recorded clips (I have it set to store 90 days of video).
I presume there is an issue with the database. If I delete the database can Blue Iris reconstruct the database for all the clips I have stored for the last 90 days or are those clips lost from a database perspective and only available if I manually browse for them?

Thought?
Patrick
The only thing you will lose is the alert markers in the timeline. The number of days you have it set to record is irrelevant, you need to ensure you have adequate storage.

crowdx

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 3 4tb drives which I have Blue Iris Archive in 30 day increments.
So each clip is a separate recording, I don't combine clips, so alerts should not be an issue. How does Blue Iris know how to rebuild it's database? Does it look at all clips in the storage and archive folders?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 3 4tb drives which I have Blue Iris Archive in 30 day increments.
So each clip is a separate recording, I don't combine clips, so alerts should not be an issue. How does Blue Iris know how to rebuild it's database? Does it look at all clips in the storage and archive folders?
yes. Also ensure that you simply did not select a specific day or "show selected camera only"

crowdx

n3wb
Reaction score
yeah, it is really weird, when I look at the calendar on the right hand side, only several random days are showing with clips available. I have checked to make sure no specific day is selected.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yeah, it is really weird, when I look at the calendar on the right hand side, only several random days are showing with clips available. I have checked to make sure no specific day is selected.
are you able to see all the video on your drives? if so, delete the db and restart.

crowdx

n3wb
Reaction score
I will double check, but I am 99.9% sure all the video is there. Thanks for all the help. :)