Blue Iris NVR -Disabling Auto updates

dchomes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello. I'm Setting up a Win10 pro machine with Blue Iris. I have read that it is best to disable Automatic updates and specifically automatic Driver Updates.
So, do I need to disable both? What are most of you doing regarding the updates then? Periodically installing updates? If so, how often? What is a good strategy regarding this?
Thanks for any help. I'm getting closer with the help of the forums and the WIKI!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, disable Windows automatic updates and Driver updates.

Also, disable auto update of Blue Iris.

Many here have not allowed a Windows update in a long time. If you are using the computer just for BI (which is recommended), then there isn't a real need to stay with the latest Windows versions.

Driver updates can cause memory leaks and restarts/reboots, so once you see you have stable drivers, leave them alone.

Most here get their BI to setup to a point that they do not update BI unless BI adds something that they would like. The recent ability to use DeepStack and save continuous substream and switch to mainstream on triggers were two updates that many people updated to.

But you want to control when any update occurs, whether it be Windows or BI, when you are sitting at the computer and have time to troubleshoot if something goes wonky.

dchomes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you wittaj,

That is exactly what I needed to know. Thanks for the detailed response!