Blue Iris partial playback on 1 of 5 cameras.

Weather_Junkie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All,
First off, I'm running the latest version 4 software (4.8.6.3) just in case there's a bug I don't know about. The problem is with only one of my cameras which is a Dahua Pro Series HDW4433C-A that just started having playback issues. I can watch it live in BI and it triggers instantly (10 sec pre-trigger/15 sec end-trigger) but on playback, the first frame is the vehicle right in the middle of the screen. The end-trigger is the correct duration. I tried deleting/adding the camera in BI but it's still doing it.

I currently have BI set up to record only on motion triggers but, I use my PC for recording and have 2-3TB external drives I could use to just record 24/7 on a 14 day clip loop. I currently use a 500GB internal drive which is why I haven't gone 24/7. I guess by using the external drives, that would take care of my recording issues as the motion triggers still work.

I would consider trying to upgrade the firmware but this thread scared me.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All,
First off, I'm running the latest version 4 software (4.8.6.3) just in case there's a bug I don't know about. The problem is with only one of my cameras which is a Dahua Pro Series HDW4433C-A that just started having playback issues. I can watch it live in BI and it triggers instantly (10 sec pre-trigger/15 sec end-trigger) but on playback, the first frame is the vehicle right in the middle of the screen. The end-trigger is the correct duration. I tried deleting/adding the camera in BI but it's still doing it.

I currently have BI set up to record only on motion triggers but, I use my PC for recording and have 2-3TB external drives I could use to just record 24/7 on a 14 day clip loop. I currently use a 500GB internal drive which is why I haven't gone 24/7. I guess by using the external drives, that would take care of my recording issues as the motion triggers still work.

I would consider trying to upgrade the firmware but this thread scared me.
ensure the iframe interval matches the fps and that you are not using a smart codec