Blue Iris Playback has Trailing Motion for Moving Objects

onyxlinkia

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just viewed some of the blue iris video playbacks. All of them have the trailing motion for moving objects at the beginning of the clip. What settings I have to change to correct this?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Post a video sample. More than likely it is a camera issue.

Ir could be you are using a codec in the camera or you are on default/auto settings in camera and getting the ghost.

Post acreenshots of your camera settings.

Or is is your system isn't agreeing with hardware acceleration if you are using it.

But the video and screenshots will help troubleshoot.

onyxlinkia

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Post a video sample. More than likely it is a camera issue.

Ir could be you are using a codec in the camera or you are on default/auto settings in camera and getting the ghost.

Post acreenshots of your camera settings.

Or is is your system isn't agreeing with hardware acceleration if you are using it.

But the video and screenshots will help troubleshoot.
Weird, after I exported the video clip and viewed it via windows media player, it looked fine. This ghosting only happened when I viewed it in Blue Iris. Could be this be main and sub stream settings that I misconfigured?

Here is the camera setting, please note that I have LaView camera but updated it with Hikvision firmware years ago:

1684777661429.png

Last edited:

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Well I’d change the mainstream to CBR at about a 4000kbps bit rate for a 2MP cam. Also move your fps down to 15 and your iframe to match your FPS.

Did you view the footage in UI3 (web browser) or the actual BI interface on Windows? If from UI3, your streaming profile may be too low for fast moving objects.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Weird, after I exported the video clip and viewed it via windows media player, it looked fine. This ghosting only happened when I viewed it in Blue Iris. Could be this be main and sub stream settings that I misconfigured?

Here is the camera setting, please note that I have LaView camera but updated it with Hikvision firmware years ago:

View attachment 163795
If you are not going to post an image you are wasting everyone's time. you should also be matching the iframe interval to the fps.

onyxlinkia

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well I’d change the mainstream to CBR at about a 4000kbps bit rate for a 2MP cam. Also move your fps down to 15 and your iframe to match your FPS.

Did you view the footage in UI3 (web browser) or the actual BI interface on Windows? If from UI3, your streaming profile may be too low for fast moving objects.
I viewed it from the BI interface in BI machine.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make bitrate CBR as it might not be ramping up to motion quick enough.

onyxlinkia

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I changed the bitrate to constant, frame rate and iframe to 15 Kbps.

onyxlinkia

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm still seeing ghosting after making the changes in main stream and substream while viewing in blue iris, But if I export the video clip, it looked fine.