Blue Iris - Private Network firewall settings

StphNieuw

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All,
Wanted get some of your thought or recommendations. I have a Blue Iris server that is connected to three computers running UI3 to display cameras around the house. This runs on its own network and is not exposed to the public. After one of the last updates to the server (Windows 10) the firewall / ms defender is enabled for private networks as well. This prevents the other computers from accessing the UI3 url. If I disable the private firewall it works as before, if I enable it nothing works. I re-added remote desktop in the exception list but I am unable to figure out where the exception is for the HTTP traffic. Settings. --> Windows Security. --> Firewall --> Allow APP to communicate through firewall but don't see anything on the list that would allow HTTP traffic. Any suggestion? Thanks!

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
If it’s on a private network, why not disable it totally?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iwanttosee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
By default, BlueIris uses port 81 for UI3. You'd want to have that port open in the BI machine.

StphNieuw

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I was eventually able to figure it out, quite straight forward after the fact. I ended up having to add BlueIris to the list of programs that have the 'private access'. I was originally looking for a communication protocol or port like a router/firewall port opening.