Blue Iris profile change based on Alarm.com email notifications

blulegend

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,
Is there a way to monitor gmail Alarm.com notifications and change the BI profile based on the arming status?

blulegend

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you use a home automation software such as Home Assistant, then most anything is possible.
Thanks. Unfortunately, I don't. Thinking of using hubitat but seems overkill over just having a background tool to do it. I might look into it though.

blulegend

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there a alarm device at the location of the BI server that can provide a dry contact relay closure upon the desired event?
Hmm. Very interesting. I could have hubitat open or close some kind of relay. How do I link that to the BI server though?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm. Very interesting. I could have hubitat open or close some kind of relay. How do I link that to the BI server though?
I'm thinking he's thinking of a Shelly device.
Yes!

The Shelly1 can receive the relay closure then send an HTTP command to Blue Iris!
Read more about Shelly devices here ==>> Simple Blue Iris I/O using Shelly1 Wi-Fi Devices
Read more about HTTP commands in Blue Iris in BI's built-in "Help" at "Administration" => "HTTP Interface" for commands such as:

/admin?camera=x&profile=n[&lock=0/1] Temporarily force profile n on camera x (short name). Add &lock=1 to “hold” the the profile indefinitely. Use &profile=-1 to unlock and
revert to the normally scheduled profile.