Blue Iris profile change generates email

lunchour

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Vera home automation system and Blue Iris running on a laptop for my 5 IP cameras. I have set up a scene on the Vera that when the armed Zwave motion detector is tripped, Blue Iris changes profile from standby to continuous record of 5 camera for 3 minutes then goes back to the standby profile. What I would like is for Blue Iris to send an email with a snapshot of all the cameras when it goes into record. Any ideas?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this will work with external triggers, but I know with BI's motion detection you can set it up so one camera detecting motion will trigger an entire group of cameras, and you can set the "break time" to 180 seconds.

So in theory you can have the Vera just trigger a camera instead of changing the profile. This one triggered camera should cause all the other cameras to trigger, and they can each be configured to send an email with a snapshot when they are triggered. And they'll all record for 3 minutes and that timer will restart midway if they are triggered again.

That is the theory anyway. Some of this stuff might only work with Blue Iris's motion detection and not via external triggers. But it is what I'd try.

lunchour

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks bp2008, that’s the problem I am having is a way for Vera to act as a trigger or start manual recording.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Well how are you having the vera change the profile? It is likely a very simple adjustment to make it trigger a camera instead.