Blue Iris PTZ control settings for Alptop AT-500PE

Reaction score
I need a bit of assistance. I acquired an Alptop AT-500PE IP/PTZ camera for my system. Blue Iris found it quickly. It connected well via IP for video, but the detected "Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible" PTZ settings suggested by the instructions has proved to be incorrect.
I am hoping someone out there has a solution before I spend an entire day running through every conceivable alternative.
Help is appreciated. Talisman511

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I need a bit of assistance. I acquired an Alptop AT-500PE IP/PTZ camera for my system. Blue Iris found it quickly. It connected well via IP for video, but the detected "Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible" PTZ settings suggested by the instructions has proved to be incorrect.
I am hoping someone out there has a solution before I spend an entire day running through every conceivable alternative.
Help is appreciated. Talisman511
In BI, under PTZ, try "ONVIF/OXML".

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Best guess... leave it at "Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible" PTZ settings. Under PTZ/Control, select "Edit presets...". For each Preset, change the Name/value to only an integer (i.e. change the Name/value of Preset1 to 1, Preset2 to 2, etc. ). Just doing the first two Presets will give you a clue if it works or not, so save it all and give it a shot...

Reaction score
Well, after various attempts to remediate my situation, I discovered a glitch in the software/programming in this unit. It was resetting to the default settings every time it rebooted. Bad Ju Ju. Returned to manufacturer for refurbish.
Got a JideTech to test. Sent me a P1-4X-5MP... basically a IPD-E2A5Y04 Dome camera. I had to locate IP and boom it was on and rocking.
I had heard a lot of garbage regarding Jidetech, so I was leery. No issues what so ever. Only complaint is that it only has a H264 encoding. Anyway, it is not bad for a 5mp camera.