Blue Iris recorded files, in use by BI even after recording is "finished"

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm having issues with my recorded files and I'm not sure if it's a BI issue or just the way I have my Amazon Drive setup.

Basically, new clips get put into my Amazon Drive folder so that they get uploaded, but every so often, Amazon Drive app hangs on uploading because the files are still in use by BI.

This will happen even days after the recording is finished so my Amazon Drive files are out of sync. I have 3 cams and it happens randomly to all of them.

The only way I can resolve this is to stop BI and restart it, but this isn't ideal.

I have it set to direct to disc and I've tried the bvr and mp4 file settings for output. They both get locked up once in a while by BI. When I had it set to bvr, I was able to view the file in BI, but when I set it to mp4, BI won't let me view the files as it says that it can't be read while it's writing...even though it's been literally days since the file was recorded.

I have my setup so that it creates image alerts and a small video capture that sends to my email, but I'm not sure if this is causing any of the file locking issues or not....any help much appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm having issues with my recorded files and I'm not sure if it's a BI issue or just the way I have my Amazon Drive setup.

Basically, new clips get put into my Amazon Drive folder so that they get uploaded, but every so often, Amazon Drive app hangs on uploading because the files are still in use by BI.

This will happen even days after the recording is finished so my Amazon Drive files are out of sync. I have 3 cams and it happens randomly to all of them.

The only way I can resolve this is to stop BI and restart it, but this isn't ideal.

I have it set to direct to disc and I've tried the bvr and mp4 file settings for output. They both get locked up once in a while by BI. When I had it set to bvr, I was able to view the file in BI, but when I set it to mp4, BI won't let me view the files as it says that it can't be read while it's writing...even though it's been literally days since the file was recorded.

I have my setup so that it creates image alerts and a small video capture that sends to my email, but I'm not sure if this is causing any of the file locking issues or not....any help much appreciated.
welcome to the forum, what is your combine and cut set to for the problem cams? (record tab)

Reaction score
I'm using 4. Sorry, I'm not at home to check, but I checked for latest version yesterday and it said I was on the latest version.

Reaction score
I also don't notice any odd behavior, such as high cpu/disk usage. My alerts and emails also work properly even when the files get locked up. Files are also created as expected, but Amazon Drive just can't upload them because the app is waiting on the ones in queue to be released by BI.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm using 4. Sorry, I'm not at home to check, but I checked for latest version yesterday and it said I was on the latest version.
sounds strange, it should not be keeping the files open unless they are being continuously triggered..are you recording on motion or constant?

Reaction score
I've also sent an email to support, but that was a few days ago and I haven't heard back :) Figured here would be the next best place.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've also sent an email to support, but that was a few days ago and I haven't heard back :) Figured here would be the next best place.
I would message back, also send it direct from the software so he gets the system info as well.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My latest video always stays "In Use" (red-bordered) until I restart Blue Iris or disable the camera. Please let us know if you get a resolution to this.
This is normal if you when using combine and cut in the record tab..see help file, you issue is different from op.

Reaction score
My issue has since been resolved, but I'm not sure exactly which item solved my problem...
1.bought a 850 pro Samsung ssd for my recording drive.

2. Turned off my anti virus on my recording drive.

3. Switched to odrive instead of Amazon Drive app.