Blue Iris Recording issues

therealdeal74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've recently purchased Blue Iris after demoing it and seeing a lot of things I liked. But I cannot seem to figure out what's causing my recording problems. I have a 3 camera setup currently with POE injectors and they are newer HIKVision 4MP cameras.

I have the recordings going direct to disk onto an SSD I've dedicated to Blue Iris. I moved the database to that same disk. This is where my NEW recordings go and I limit it to 1 day.

In the Clips and Archiving settings, I have it set to move to the "Stored" folder. This is a NAS device and after much fiddling with the service account, I switched to running Blue Iris interactively instead of as a service I was able to get the clips to move to the NAS after 1 day. I couldn't get my network service account to work after much trial and error. I have plenty of space, over 10TB free. At this point I don't want to mess with the network service account anymore, I just get it to record properly.

My issue is now that for some reason the Clips say Empty List for ALL. There are time gaps that don't make sense where I have no recordings. There are periods in which 2 of the cameras are not recording out of my 3 camera setup and I have no reason to believe the cameras were not on the network. It's just not recording properly and all of the cameras are set to Continuous and I'm using the default Active profile. I have tried rebuilding the database for the clips.

This is all a pretty new install from just a few weeks ago. Attached are some screenshots, would appreciate any and all help. I have a very strong technical background and the hardware I'm running BI on is very good.
1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG

therealdeal74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking at my settings, I think I was able to figure out the issue with storage of the clips. My Limit Size settings under Clips & Archiving were set too low by default. So I think BI was getting confused once the threshold was hit. However, I am still having issues with the Clips not showing up in the list.