Blue Iris restart and crash loop

digity

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Blue Iris is suddenly crashing and then restarting every 5 seconds or so. I stopped and started the service, restarted the computer, compact and repaired database and upgrade Blue Iris to the latest (4.8.4.2) but it still loops. The traffic icon in Blue Iris loops between red and green and the log just shows the service restarting. Event Viewer gives a little more details showing the exception code 0xc0000094.

Any ideas why it's crashing and how to fix it?

CORRECTION: Blue Iris log does say something: "Restarted after unexpected shutdown"

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you have auto-update enabled such that it could have been a BI update that triggered this?

I suggest downloading a full installer for BI and re-installing through that to see if it helps. If you want to make a registry backup first but can't do it through Blue Iris, this tool will help: bp2008/biupdatehelper

digity

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks! Re-installing using the latest full installer worked. For safe measure, I un-installed Blue Iris, restarted Windows, Blue Iris was still listed in Programs and Features so I un-installed it again and got a message saying something about it being uninstalled already and if I wanted to just remove the listing (I clicked yes). Moved alerts and new clips to their next locations and deleted every Blue Iris file and folder found in the usual places. Ran CCleaner too and restarted. Downloaded and re-installed Blue Iris, entered key, imported settings. So far, so good, but since there's nothing indicating what the problem was I have no idea if it won't return.