Blue Iris schedule help

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have three schedules set up in blue iris. 1-Home, 2-Away, and 3-Night. I have one camera that has two presets. In schedule 1 its set to preset 1. In schedule two, set to preset 2. I want it to remain on preset 1 when I am at home and got to preset 2 when I am away. Schedule 3 runs from 11:59 PM until 6:00 AM. I would like the camera to go to preset 2 during schedule 3 even if I am home. I had this set up at one time but it has stopped working. I did get it to change preset at 11:59 but I can't get it to return to preset 1 at 6:00 AM. I have attached a copy of the action sets I have. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks

Attachments

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have attached a copy of the action sets I have.
Is this the Action set for the ‘On schedule change’ button on the Settings>Schedule tab?

Can you move the camera to preset 2 using the BI interface? If not, you might need to Find/inspect the camera again on the Camera settings > Video> Configure tab

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is this the Action set for the ‘On schedule change’ button on the Settings>Schedule tab?

Can you move the camera to preset 2 using the BI interface? If not, you might need to Find/inspect the camera again on the Camera settings > Video> Configure tab

Attachments

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can change the camera's presets using the Blue Iris interface. The settings I used are in the Cameras schedule tab, on profile change, button. I have attached a screen shot of the cameras schedule tab. I may have a check in the wrong box, not sure.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
The settings I used are in the Cameras schedule tab, on profile change, button. I have attached a screen shot of the cameras schedule tab.
With these camera settings, the camera's profile never changes; hence the action set is never triggered.
I'm not sure without testing, but It may get triggered when Blue Iris starts.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Additionally, it is worth noting that Preset commands in Action sets can be overridden by a camera's Events schedule action set.
Specifically, check if setting 'Search back back at startup/reset' is enabled in the Camera settings > Schedule > Events schedule > Action set.

For example,
2023_12_31_17_08_48-BlueIris.png

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With these camera settings, the camera's profile never changes; hence the action set is never triggered.
I'm not sure without testing, but It may get triggered when Blue Iris starts.
I think I figured it out. I have unchecked the "override global schedule" and It will respond when I manually change the profile. I will have to wait till next year now to see if it works. Thanks for the help.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
For testing if an Action set is actually triggered, you could add a 'Push notification' Action to the Action set.

When I'm logged onto the BI PC, I actually prefer a 'Run a program' action like this
2023_12_31_17_26_03-BlueIris.png

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Additionally, it is worth noting that Preset commands in Action sets can be overridden by a camera's Events schedule action set.
Specifically, check if setting 'Search back back at startup/reset' is enabled in the Camera settings > Schedule > Events schedule > Action set.

For example,
View attachment 181352
It is checked. I think I have it fixed. I have changed my internet provider recently and had some problems after that with blue iris because the IP address kept getting changed but it was most likely something I did that got it messed up.