Blue Iris service failed to start

jawsfree

n3wb
Reaction score
I just upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I try and open the blue iris app I get "Blue Iris service failed to start"
Not sure where to start if I can't even get the program open.

host26817

n3wb
Reaction score
how can I start Blue Iris without it trying to start the service? I need to access the program
If you Left click on the windows logo then apps and features you we'll see a list of computer programs installed on your system. Select the hamburger menu to the right of Blue Iris which gives you the option to modify or uninstall, choose modify, then repair. Once the repair is completed you'll be able to start Blue Iris manually. From what I can tell all of your settings except running Blue Iris as a Windows service is still intact.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe you can install a fresh instance of Blue Iris, if "modify/repair" doesn't get you anywhere. Not what you wanna hear, but that would be the next logical step.

jmhmcse

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Something to try, before uninstall/reinstall of BI

Ensure all Win11 updates have been installed

Stop BI service in Service Manager.
Run BI
Turn off "run BI as a service"
Reboot
Run BI
Turn on "Run BI as a service"

My Win10 to Win11 upgrade completed without any problems. Been running several months without any issues.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Your running the service under the Local System account? A long while back it was recommended to switch over and run the BI account using the account credentials of the local admin account that was used to perform the actual install of BI.

So give that a try to see if it behaves better.