Blue Iris software Records only 24 hours! Wanted more than 1 day to record.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hmm, for some reason i wanted to see something from last night ,or early in the morning and i did find the hour i was looking for, but before 2am Nov 21-2015 there are no more recordings!

I wanted to record 24 hr a day for 30 days,then delete the last day to make room, my hard is 500gb.

Is there a setting in BI that i missed? or...

I also look in c/blueiris/new and there are 6 files with todays date,but where are all the everyday recordings 24 hr a day?....

Hmmm, interesting.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, for some reason i wanted to see something from last night ,or early in the morning and i did find the hour i was looking for, but before 2am Nov 21-2015 there are no more recordings!

I wanted to record 24 hr a day for 30 days,then delete the last day to make room, my hard is 500gb.

Is there a setting in BI that i missed? or...

I also look in c/blueiris/new and there are 6 files with todays date,but where are all the everyday recordings 24 hr a day?....

Hmmm, interesting.

Thanks
Post a screenshot of your clips and archival tab( a new image for the new and stored folder) and also an image of your the record tab from the camera at issue. You have something set incorrectly.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is the first attached picture from the left?!...

Maybe i don't know where is located exactly...
That picture is showing the new folder..you need to select the storage folder from the dropdown so we can see the settings for the storage folder.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
See now...
Ok so you only have 30gb total allocated to recording (10 in the new folder 20 in the stored). Increase one of them....also dont set a day limit to recording..there is no point..the limitation should be size based. Make sure you dont allocate more storage than you have available...you will see an error in the status bar on the bottom left showing a negative number in red if you do and it may cause issues with recording.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have increased Limit folder size to 200gb for "stored" (My HDD is 500gb) c\blueiris\storage and unchecked "limit clip age" to the "new and stored"(That's the day limit setting?)

Thanks!

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Okay, Hope that is recording all the time now. I may have to buy a 2,3 tb hdd so i can record more and not to be worry.

Thank you so much for fast helping!

Regards,

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, Hope that is recording all the time now. I may have to buy a 2,3 tb hdd so i can record more and not to be worry.

Thank you so much for fast helping!

Regards,
Yes you are likely not going to get more than a few days, maybe less with those settings..it will depend on the number of cams and the bitrate.