Blue Iris stopped posting snapshots to networked computers

dtm

n3wb
Reaction score
For years I have posted jpg snapshots from 4 cameras to my weather computer located on the same network with my camera computer. The weather computer then uses the snapshots. After the Windows Update on October 31, 2023, this stopped working. Both computers are running Windows 10.

I have confirmed that both computers can see each other. They have the proper windows credentials and the folder that I am posting to is shared. Using Windows Explorer and working from the camera computer I can read and write files to the target folder on the weather computer. Everything appears normal from a networking standpoint. As a test I had BI post the images to a local folder, and it worked. I also tried to post an image to another reachable network computer, and it fails. So, it appears that something in the Windows Update has killed BI's ability to write files to another computer on the network.

The BI log shows Post save error 7, 1326. I looked this up and it appears to be a credentials error. But as I have noted, the credentials are saved in Windows and Windows Explorer is able to read and write to the target folder on the weather computer with no problems.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Is there a fix?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Check network "properties" on both PC's and see if one or both changed from "Private" to "Public" with that Windows update.