Blue iris time stamp sometimes not visible during playback

Jaceon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello, I'm not sure if an update broke something last week or what but the blue iris time stamp overlay is randomly missing from about half my cameras, but only when playing back recordings. All cameras are showing the timestamp during live view and even in the clip preview, but when I try to play back clips, some of them are randomly not showing the time overlay, which is fairly important to me. Any thoughts on things to try?
Thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Look at "camera settings" => "video" tab, insure "Display Overlays Live" is checked down at bottom left.

BI-display-overlays-live.jpg

Jaceon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That is checked. it's really random and only when playing a clip.... After restarting some cameras and messing around I now see that one of the cameras that wasn't working started working again. Also, if I scroll back to 4/26 all of the cameras clips have the date overlay prior to that date. I don't remember if I did an update that day or had a short power outage, but that is the time some of my cameras quit. It's strange and random enough that it feels like something is corrupted or a bug.. I've tried switching firmware's as well with no luck. Is there a file that controls this that I could delete and rebuild the database maybe?...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My oversight, I see you did in fact say "when playing back recordings." I got interrupted twice when attempting to reply and I dropped the ball. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :lmao:

Sure won't hurt to rebuild the db.

Jaceon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think I may have found a glitch that fixed it.. hopefully long term.. I unchecked the "use default" for video under the record tab. Didn't change anything else but after pressing okay it started a new clip and it's working.. I don't like fixes that don't make sense to me lol but hopefully.... Thanks Tony!

Attachments