Blue Iris Tools Not Minimizing During Startup

triXter

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello

I have my computer to restart every x days as I find it to be sluggish when I have to navigate the system (which is not often).

However, I notice that after the system starts back up, Blue Iris loads in full screen (expected) and Blue Iris Tools loads over it, instead of minimized as configured.

Anyone seeing this issue or can advice how I can go about ensuring Blue Iris Tools always get minimized on startup?

Thank you.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I take it the computer doesn't ONLY run Blue Iris, eh? Otherwise there is no reason to reboot it every x days as why would it start running sluggish?

triXter

n3wb
Reaction score
I take it the computer doesn't ONLY run Blue Iris, eh? Otherwise there is no reason to reboot it every x days as why would it start running sluggish?
Nope, the computer does run Blue Iris only. It actually runs fine, but when I need to update, it feels sluggish, so I figured rebooting it every couple of days would make it better?

BIT mentions that it's only using ~20%, rarely above 30%. You saying I should just leave it and don't bother with the reboots?

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Nope, the computer does run Blue Iris only. It actually runs fine, but when I need to update, it feels sluggish, so I figured rebooting it every couple of days would make it better?

BIT mentions that it's only using ~20%, rarely above 30%. You saying I should just leave it and don't bother with the reboots?
Correct, you shouldn't need to reboot. The last time I "rebooted" here was because of a long power failure a while back. A machine that only runs Blue Iris should be good to go for a long long time without rebooting.

It's already checked, but for some reason, is in front of the BI app after the reboot. I'm on BIT 1.6.0
You got me on that one. An easy thing to try (presuming that you have Blue Iris Tool's Watchdog ticked is to NOT run Blue Iris on startup (that's how I do it) and let Blue Iris Tools automatically start up Blue Iris because it sees that Blue Iris isn't running...

triXter

n3wb
Reaction score
Correct, you shouldn't need to reboot. The last time I "rebooted" here was because of a long power failure a while back. A machine that only runs Blue Iris should be good to go for a long long time without rebooting.

You got me on that one. An easy thing to try (presuming that you have Blue Iris Tool's Watchdog ticked is to NOT run Blue Iris on startup (that's how I do it) and let Blue Iris Tools automatically start up Blue Iris because it sees that Blue Iris isn't running...
Thanks, will stop the scheduled reboot for now. And good suggestions on using BI Tools to launch BI instead.