Blue Iris Tools sending excessive e-mails

Reaction score
I had to turn off the Watchdog alerts in BIT because the number of email alerts is getting to be outrageous. I received 37 already today, and 89 in the last 2 days. They are legit. The internet provider changes our IP address very frequently, and that's out of our hands. There is an option to limit the Watchdog alerts if you use the Pushover app. Is there a way to reduce the number of e-mail alerts? I haven't found one yet. :-(

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Under the "Watchdog" tab, try entering a 1 in the "max alerts to send in 1 hour".
Under "IP Management", what value do you have in "Update IP every __ seconds"?

Reaction score
Under the "Watchdog" tab, try entering a 1 in the "max alerts to send in 1 hour".
Under "IP Management", what value do you have in "Update IP every __ seconds"?
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately those settings don’t have an impact on the number of emails. When looking at the details, those are apparently only for the Pushover app alerts.

Reaction score
The IP address is checked every 5 minutes (300 seconds). I could extend that, but then the cameras would be inaccessible for longer periods of time.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The IP address is checked every 5 minutes (300 seconds). I could extend that, but then the cameras would be inaccessible for longer periods of time.
Something is wrong if your ISP is changing your WAN IP more often than 5 minutes.....heck more often than 24 hours!

Assuming you have a DDNS, what method so you use to refresh the WAN IP with your DDNS?

Reaction score
Assuming you have a DDNS, what method so you use to refresh the WAN IP with your DDNS?
I'm using IPCTDDNS. It sometimes goes dormant and needs to be woken up with a manual update, but it's been working well lately.