Blue Iris UI3

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks.
Does it matter that I have BI recording in H.265 on most of the cameras?

eangulus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have an idea that may help (or may not...).

Is it possible to add another viewing method that relies on having VLC installed and using VLC for streaming the 4 K content?

I mainly view my cameras from my main PC which I have VLC installed, keep the other views for when we don't have it, but you may be able to move the stream from relying on in browser tech to VLC. Then for those of us wanting a better quality stream simply need to have VLC installed.

Just an idea on working around the 4K issue. I know a group can now be 4k and seems to work ok, but kinda pointless if when you click on a 4k camera it drops back to 720 (and I know that's a bug with bi).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

eangulus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nah, since it runs in a browser we are very limited in what can be done.
I never said not to use the browser.

VLC (and some other apps) can run a player chrome as a plugin or the likes.

Reaction score
timeout.JPG I upgraded to the UI3 yesterday from UI2. About every 20 mins, I'm loosing my stream and getting this message on FireFox

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The idle timeout can be adjusted in "UI Settings" under UI3's Main Menu.

The next release will say this on the timeout page!

Reaction score
Is there a way I can change the default value in the www directory from 10 to 0? The end user that views the stream is super old and the extent of his computer knowledge is opening and closing a browser. I have CCcleaner installed on his computer which cleans browser history after the browser is closed. If he reopens the browser, the live stream would then time out again in 10 mins. It would be nice to have the live feed stream stay active until he decides to go home for the day.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a way I can change the default value in the www directory from 10 to 0? The end user that views the stream is super old and the extent of his computer knowledge is opening and closing a browser. I have CCcleaner installed on his computer which cleans browser history after the browser is closed. If he reopens the browser, the live stream would then time out again in 10 mins. It would be nice to have the live feed stream stay active until he decides to go home for the day.
Yes, actually. If you configure the UI how you want it to be for him, then go to the very bottom of the settings window you should see this item:

You need to be logged in to Blue Iris with administrator privilege in order to see this item.

Clicking Download will download a file called ui3-local-overrides.js which you must put in the ui3beta/ui3/ directory, the same place where ui3.js is located. This will make it so that every user's default settings will be set to whatever your settings were at the time you created the overrides file.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wow, so I finally tried UI3 last night. AMAZING difference from the original web UI in functionality!!
Like going from a glider to the space shuttle!
I'm not even sure what to do with all the setting options yet. Is there a help file describing all the functionality and settings available?

Also, I used this URL to access it at home while on my LAN:
http://MyBIFirstLastLicense#/ui3beta/ui3.htm

But what URL path do I need to use to access it remotely?
I tried the Blue Iris IP lookup with MyBIFirstLastLicense#/ui3beta/ui3.htm but it did not work.

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Wow, so I finally tried UI3 last night. AMAZING difference from the original web UI in functionality!!
Like going from a glider to the space shuttle!
I'm not even sure what to do with all the setting options yet. Is there a help file describing all the functionality and settings available?

Also, I used this URL to access it at home while on my LAN:
http://MyBIFirstLastLicense#/ui3beta/ui3.htm

But what URL path do I need to use to access it remotely?
I tried the Blue Iris IP lookup with MyBIFirstLastLicense#/ui3beta/ui3.htm but it did not work.
I'm guessing you have remote access setup, are you using a VPN connection for remote use or port forwarding to your Blue Iris server? If not you would need one or the other and if you go the port forwarding route you should invest some time in getting stunnel setup and working so you can forward 443 or some other port and pass only encrypted traffic and of course then you'd need to use https://.

jrich523

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Server Status Display in the lower left should have the FPS color trigger set to 4 and not 5. Since the default 'all camera' view has a limit of 5 fps, it jumps between 5 and 6 fps, making that little bar go yellow/blue/yellow/blue... or set the default to 6fps for all display?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a help file describing all the functionality and settings available?
Yup, see UI3's main menu. The help file isn't exhaustive but it does explain many things.

Server Status Display in the lower left should have the FPS color trigger set to 4 and not 5. Since the default 'all camera' view has a limit of 5 fps, it jumps between 5 and 6 fps, making that little bar go yellow/blue/yellow/blue... or set the default to 6fps for all display?
The color change occurs at 50% of the bar's length, and I'm inclined to leave it that way. The problem here is that UI3 doesn't know the maximum frame rate of group streams so I've always just had it coded to fall back to assuming 10 FPS. It should be trivial for the Blue Iris developer to include this information in the camera list metadata, so I'll put it on my wish list.

jrich523

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yup, see UI3's main menu. The help file isn't exhaustive but it does explain many things.

The color change occurs at 50% of the bar's length, and I'm inclined to leave it that way. The problem here is that UI3 doesn't know the maximum frame rate of group streams so I've always just had it coded to fall back to assuming 10 FPS. It should be trivial for the Blue Iris developer to include this information in the camera list metadata, so I'll put it on my wish list.
Makes sense, sounds good, thanks! :D

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm guessing you have remote access setup, are you using a VPN connection for remote use or port forwarding to your Blue Iris server? If not you would need one or the other and if you go the port forwarding route you should invest some time in getting stunnel setup and working so you can forward 443 or some other port and pass only encrypted traffic and of course then you'd need to use https://.
Right now I'm using port forwarding, (Don't hit me! :facepalm:) to access BI through the BI phone app.
(I will look into setting up VPN or Stunnel once I finish the wife's mandated Spring yard work list...assuming that happens before the summer to-do list starts.)

I'm just not sure what the URL should be to access the BI server UI3 in Chrome on my phone.
I was using "blueiris.pro/go/?+MyLicence#" before to access the original UI.

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Use that to access the original page then modify the URL after to get to http://IP Address/ui3beta/ui3.htm or just use the IP depending on how often it changes from your ISP.