Blue Iris UI3

Il_Pres

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello!

This is certainly not intentional. Most likely, you have accidentally disabled the PTZ controls. While viewing a PTZ camera, try a long press on any of the PTZ preset buttons, and see if the top item in the context menu is to enable the controls. If this doesn't work, then I suggest you go to UI Settings (via the hamburger menu in upper right) and press the Reset button in General Settings.
The first trick made it !!! Thank you so much!

pbnjtv

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'd like to add an additional custom profile to UI3 or modify one of the existing profiles with a .js override file. Does anyone already have a template for this or know where I could find one?

UI3 Help

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'd like to add an additional custom profile to UI3 or modify one of the existing profiles with a .js override file. Does anyone already have a template for this or know where I could find one?

UI3 Help
Assuming you are talking about a streaming profile (a.k.a. Streaming Quality dropdown list item), here are the steps:

Step 1. Add a custom streaming profile using the user interface.
Step 2. Download a ui3-local-overrides.js file via the link at the bottom of UI Settings (requires admin). This file contains a copy of all your current settings, which includes the streaming profiles.
Step 3. (optional) Open the ui3-local-overrides.js file in your favorite text editor and delete everything except the line at the bottom that starts with OverrideDefaultSetting("ui3_streamingProfileArray",
Step 4. Move the ui3-local-overrides.js file to the ui3 subdirectory of your Blue Iris installation's web root directory (www).

pbnjtv

n3wb
Reaction score
Assuming you are talking about a streaming profile (a.k.a. Streaming Quality dropdown list item), here are the steps:

Step 1. Add a custom streaming profile using the user interface.
Step 2. Download a ui3-local-overrides.js file via the link at the bottom of UI Settings (requires admin). This file contains a copy of all your current settings, which includes the streaming profiles.
Step 3. (optional) Open the ui3-local-overrides.js file in your favorite text editor and delete everything except the line at the bottom that starts with OverrideDefaultSetting("ui3_streamingProfileArray",
Step 4. Move the ui3-local-overrides.js file to the ui3 subdirectory of your Blue Iris installation's web root directory (www).
That is very helpful, thank you!

gurpal2000

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi - I am experimenting with showing my cams on a tablet in landscape mode - preferably using the UI3 webpage as it seems to be the only way to get a low latency view compared to other methods.

There are old posts/blogs describing how you can get individual cams to show up via URL eg. which works "okay".

Is there any way to turn off the controls (full screen, streaming profile selection, blah, blah) on the view? I want to embed these as iframes somewhere else and want my own event handlers which would bring up a higher resolution (again via UI3 with a higher streaming profile).

reference: Home Assistant - Better Blue Iris Integration using Lovelace iframes

thanks

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any way to turn off the controls (full screen, streaming profile selection, blah, blah) on the view? I want to embed these as iframes somewhere else and want my own event handlers which would bring up a higher resolution (again via UI3 with a higher streaming profile).
There is no built-in way to turn off the controls at the bottom of the video player. The auto-hide behavior is not sufficient? By default those controls disappear when the mouse pointer is outside of the video player OR when the mouse pointer is in the video player but not in the control bar, and not moving.

gurpal2000

n3wb
Reaction score
There is no built-in way to turn off the controls at the bottom of the video player. The auto-hide behavior is not sufficient? By default those controls disappear when the mouse pointer is outside of the video player OR when the mouse pointer is in the video player but not in the control bar, and not moving.
It's acceptable as starter, absolutely. I'm thinking the time when the kids/visitors start touching things they're not meant to.

I will check if a css mask actually traps the touch/click in the HA component, so it is possible that you never see it.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You could certainly hack in a fully transparent overlay to absorb any clicks, but it would probably still let mouse movement events pass through to the UI3 iframe underneath.

hikky_b

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's acceptable as starter, absolutely. I'm thinking the time when the kids/visitors start touching things they're not meant to.

I will check if a css mask actually traps the touch/click in the HA component, so it is possible that you never see it.
Additional hack suggestion: Wrap your iframe in another card (e.g stack-in-card) and then set overflow:hidden to the stack-in-card. Then apply negative margin-bottom to your iframe-card. Could even set the margin as a variable that you could then control with a toggle switch, automation etc...

m_listed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@bp2008 Any chance to have the AI memo be added to new alerts that are created after the UI3 window is open? It works on the "Confirmed alerts" view but the memos stay blank when on the regular "Alerts" view

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I vaguely remember that UI3 had a "night mode" option that would make the whole screen basically red and black so that you could view it on a TV or other large screen without affecting your night vision. Now I can't seem to find that option or any forum thread with that info. Any help would be appreciated.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I vaguely remember that UI3 had a "night mode" option that would make the whole screen basically red and black so that you could view it on a TV or other large screen without affecting your night vision. Now I can't seem to find that option or any forum thread with that info. Any help would be appreciated.
That was UI2. No such capability is available in UI3.

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there still no audio during UI3 multi-camera timeline playback of recorded footage? Running 5.8.0.1 with Chrome clients in both macOS, iOS, and Windows 11.

If I'm at the "current" point in the Timeline, with multiple cameras showing, I have audio, so BI can send UI3 audio from multiple cameras.

If I'm viewing a single camera in Timeline, and I step back to previously recorded footage, I have audio, so BI can send UI3 audio from recorded footage.

But if I'm viewing previously recorded footage from multiple cameras in Timeline, I have no audio.

Is this a feature I need to enable somehow? Or does BI not send recorded audio for multiple cameras to UI3?

Thanks!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there still no audio during UI3 multi-camera timeline playback of recorded footage?
Correct. We're still waiting for Blue Iris to add that.

Is this a feature I need to enable somehow? Or does BI not send recorded audio for multiple cameras to UI3?
There's nothing you can do besides pester Blue Iris support about it. The more he hears the request, the more priority it will have :)

Is it possible for a UI3 user to change their password from UI3?
No, that can only be done from the local console.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
See screenshot. There is icon in lower right on Timeline tab for selecting a different group.
group drop down.png

Can anyone share code to put this on Clips tab?

I've already looked here: Local Overrides Scripts and Styles

P.S. I know there is a group drop down in upper left but that is not available when screen is maximize/fullscreen, with alerts thumbnail column on the left not displayed.

Last edited:

mjjue

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I've been using UI3 with BI4 for several years now, and recently encountered this persistent error when accessing via remote IP on multiple browsers/devices:
$ is jQuery which is the very first javascript library this UI (or UI2) tries to load. Something is wrong with your Chrome installation. Maybe a horribly misbehaving extension.
Specific error in my case:
1696484196010.png

UI3 works fine with local IP, and firewall isn't the issue as the server is responding, just badly. I've tried updating UI3 to the latest recommend UI3-77, to no avail. Is my Javascript install messed up? If so, what's the easiest way to fix? Thanks