Blue Iris unable to play alert sound through Foscam C1, but two way audio works?

XOIIO

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, so this is something that blue iris support couldn't help me figure out. I used to be able to play audio alerts through my foscam C1, and now that I added a second one out in a garage, I want to be able to play an alarm sound through it once again. The only problem is that when I tried to set it up again, it now doesn't work and it's really strange.

Live audio works through my browser, and the app, and I can talk into the app and it comes out the speaker no problem, but for some reason the audio alerts won't play.

I've tried a fresh installof blue iris 5,so perhaps there's some weird setting I'm missing?

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Read BI's built-in "Help" at "Alerts and Actions" => "SOUND" , set up alert to be directed to cam's speaker:

BI_sound_alert.jpg

XOIIO

n3wb
Reaction score
Read BI's built-in "Help" at "Alerts and Actions" => "SOUND" , set up alert to be directed to cam's speaker:

View attachment 73405
I did that, but it still doesn't play any audio which is why I'm posting. I'm hoping there's some way to dig deeper in to test and see why it's not playing audio from the alerts through the camera, but it does work with the regular audio functionality.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't have that camera, but I had to play around with which camera to use in BI before it worked with my dahua, so try the other foscam camera settings and the generic setting as well.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I did that, but it still doesn't play any audio which is why I'm posting. I'm hoping there's some way to dig deeper in to test and see why it's not playing audio from the alerts through the camera, but it does work with the regular audio functionality.
I guess I missed the screenshot if you posted it.
Sorry I can offer no additional assistance; my Amcrest IP2M-841 plays the alert sound through its speaker just fine. :idk:

XOIIO

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't have that camera, but I had to play around with which camera to use in BI before it worked with my dahua, so try the other foscam camera settings and the generic setting as well.
I've messed around with different audio settings and had no luck, the only thing I noticed is that the audio path is blank, but the two way audio function works fine. It's quite annoying.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've messed around with different audio settings and had no luck, the only thing I noticed is that the audio path is blank, but the two way audio function works fine. It's quite annoying.
Does your "Configure Sound Alert" page resemble mine above but with proper path to the ".wav" file, the "camera" box checked and your cam's short name selected in the drop-down box?

XOIIO

n3wb
Reaction score
Does your "Configure Sound Alert" page resemble mine above but with proper path to the ".wav" file, the "camera" box checked and your cam's short name selected in the drop-down box?
It does.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@XOIIO , FWIW that audio path is blank on my Amcrest IP2M-841 also and, as stated, it allows an alert sound to be direct to the camera speaker.
Sorry I cannot be of more assistance regarding your Foscam..

I have a client with BI and a Foscam FI9831 and if I find myself near there soon I stop in (it's a tanning salon) and try to play an alert sound on it. If I can, it might help you.

XOIIO

n3wb
Reaction score
Y
@XOIIO , FWIW that audio path is blank on my Amcrest IP2M-841 also and, as stated, it allows an alert sound to be direct to the camera speaker.
Sorry I cannot be of more assistance regarding your Foscam..

I have a client with BI and a Foscam FI9831 and if I find myself near there soon I stop in (it's a tanning salon) and try to play an alert sound on it. If I can, it might help you.
Yeah, I don't know why this isn't working, especially when it once did. I emailed blue iris support and don't even know if I got a response, if I did it wasn't of any help so I don't remember it.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@XOIIO I just tried with my C1 but had the same results you're getting. When did you last have it working? Many BI versions ago or recently? Did it only stop working when you added the second C1 cam?

XOIIO

n3wb
Reaction score
@XOIIO I just tried with my C1 but had the same results you're getting. When did you last have it working? Many BI versions ago or recently? Did it only stop working when you added the second C1 cam?
It early on in blue iris 4. but it also quit working during one of the updates of blue iris 4. I think that I had disabled it because I was having trouble with geofence accuracy, so not sure exactly when it went wrong. I'd like to enable it for the garage camera I have though.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@XOIIO ,
I got by that client's BI and Foscam FI9831 setup today on Sunday and tried it out: set up as I stated in my post #2, it plays the chosen alert through the camera speaker upon motion detect by BI.

The cam's config is just like your screenshot76 in your first post.

Not sure if any of this helps, as it's not the exact Foscam model as yours; you can't really say why, I guess, that your C1 is uncooperative unless you can try another one with that setup.

Best of luck, sorry I could not be of further assistance. :idk:

Last edited: