Blue Iris updated - forgot product key and turned off run as service

IPDaily

n3wb
Reaction score
So up until recently Blue Iris has been happily running as a service and today I noticed I couldn't log in with my iOS app. Upon remote accessing my BI PC I discovered not only was Blue Iris not running, but when I started up it wanted me to enter my product key again. I did so and got in OK and also spotted I needed to enter my new maintenance key, so did that too. When I checked the startup options I saw the run as service was unticked, so I tried ticking it but it then asked for a service password (blank if local). Now as far as I know I've never set a password for this, but if I try leaving it blank it says it is the wrong password. Is there anyway to reset the password or bypass this screen? I'm not sure why it has spontaneously unchecked the box and forgotten the product key either. Currently on 5.303.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
BI underwent a change with the way that it uses and runs the service, I think previously it just used the SYSTEM account but now needs to use the account that you'd normally use to logon and manage your BI PC. So just enter those details and it should hopefully be fine.

Not too sure if you can have a blank password when entering the service credentials so you might have to set a password on the account?