Blue Iris v4 64 bit Crash

Skispcs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When attempting to view clips on the right side of the GUI, BI crashes after a double click on the clip. I have deleted the db folder and let it rebuild and it still crashes. Server 2008, 64 bit BI 4.0.0.6 Q9650, 8 gig RAM Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: BlueIris.exe Application Version: 4.0.0.6 Application Timestamp: 549dcfc9 Fault Module Name: BlueIris.exe Fault Module Version: 4.0.0.6 Fault Module Timestamp: 549dcfc9 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 0000000000245e83 OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.272.7 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 8757 Additional Information 2: 875798b0616ad4028296e6feae2108b2 Additional Information 3: 2732 Additional Information 4: 2732d870fd5a96092d221e6c950040bc

Viruta57

n3wb
Reaction score
When attempting to view clips on the right side of the GUI, BI crashes after a double click on the clip. I have deleted the db folder and let it rebuild and it still crashes. Server 2008, 64 bit BI 4.0.0.6 Q9650, 8 gig RAM Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: BlueIris.exe Application Version: 4.0.0.6 Application Timestamp: 549dcfc9 Fault Module Name: BlueIris.exe Fault Module Version: 4.0.0.6 Fault Module Timestamp: 549dcfc9 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 0000000000245e83 OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.272.7 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 8757 Additional Information 2: 875798b0616ad4028296e6feae2108b2 Additional Information 3: 2732 Additional Information 4: 2732d870fd5a96092d221e6c950040bc
Same here can play the videos.... do you have any solution...

Viruta57

n3wb
Reaction score
I updated already and still have the same problem... BI crash as soon as I try to replay a video..

Viruta57

n3wb
Reaction score
I just saw that Kaspersky was the problem... I did shut it off... and I could do the playback... I check in Kaspersky autorisation and seem to be find. I am trying to reinstall Kaspersky if it will solve the problem... There might be a proble with the old version of BI

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You should exclude blueiris.exe and blueirisadmin.exe from your antivirus scan...there is info on this in the help file.

Viruta57

n3wb
Reaction score
What I did so far... I reinstall Kaspersky and it did not work even if I had made an exception for BI in Kaspersky... Then I decided to remove BI and I did cleaned the registers with CCleaner because it seems that uninstall from BI does not clean everything... So reinstall BI from beginning with the keys, then everything was working find even I could make my update directly from BI... what I was not able to do before. It seems that the problem come from the old version of BI 3...

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I had this same issue starting with 4.0.0.5. The fix was to completely delete the DB folder (c:\blueiris\db), having BI rebuild it on the next run. That worked up until this last update (4.0.0.10) when all of a sudden the same thing started happening again. Clicking on a recorded clip in either the web browser GUI or the BI app on my Android, and the server immediately crashes. Oddly enough, reviewing the clips in the console works flawlessly.

I've been having on-going emails with Ken about this, and he conceded that others are having the same issue, and thus far, he's been unable to duplicate it on his end. I've offered to have him remote into my BI PC (via Teamviewer or the like) so he can experience it first hand.

BTW, I have NO virus scanners on my BI PC.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I had this same issue starting with 4.0.0.5. The fix was to completely delete the DB folder (c:\blueiris\db), having BI rebuild it on the next run. That worked up until this last update (4.0.0.10) when all of a sudden the same thing started happening again. Clicking on a recorded clip in either the web browser GUI or the BI app on my Android, and the server immediately crashes. Oddly enough, reviewing the clips in the console works flawlessly.

I've been having on-going emails with Ken about this, and he conceded that others are having the same issue, and thus far, he's been unable to duplicate it on his end. I've offered to have him remote into my BI PC (via Teamviewer or the like) so he can experience it first hand.

BTW, I have NO virus scanners on my BI PC.
Has he agreed to remote in and see? That is great that you have offered him access. Kudos to you.

Reaction score
Mine was (is?) having the same issue since the upgrade to 4. It is strange. When double-clicking on the video, BI would indeed crash. I did rebuild the db folder but it did not help. I was able to move and export a BI format video to my desktop, double-click on it there, the video would play ok. Then the rest of the videos started working, or so I thought. It worked for awhile then the next day it was back to crashing. I was emailing support and he was giving me suggestions. I was running BI as a service, so he asked me to see if it crashed not running as a service. I unchecked that option and the videos played fine. So then I checked run as service again and all was still working ok.

I don't know if it will start happening again yet. Will post back if it does or not.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Has he agreed to remote in and see? That is great that you have offered him access. Kudos to you.
No, and I presume he probably won't. I can't imagine the workload this guy must be experiencing right now. As much as I want it to work, I'm completely sympathetic to his struggles. I'm just concerned he gets burned out with everyone screaming and complaining.

I read elsewhere, where someone was able to roll back to 4.0.0.6 to get a more stable system. I'd love to do that myself. Is there a quick and dirty way to downgrade to an older update?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No, and I presume he probably won't. I can't imagine the workload this guy must be experiencing right now. As much as I want it to work, I'm completely sympathetic to his struggles. I'm just concerned he gets burned out with everyone screaming and complaining.

I read elsewhere, where someone was able to roll back to 4.0.0.6 to get a more stable system. I'd love to do that myself. Is there a quick and dirty way to downgrade to an older update?
I agree that he must be going nuts with issues...growing pains.....he will be fine...have you tried .11?
The only way to roll back that im aware of its to find an older update64.exe maybe someone has one that they could upload...

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I agree that he must be going nuts with issues...growing pains.....he will be fine...have you tried .11?
The only way to roll back that im aware of its to find an older update64.exe maybe someone has one that they could upload...
Just a few hours ago. I have it set up to check around 630p, and auto download/install. Sure enough, it had updated to .11. Unfortunately, no I'm completely locked out of watching recorded clips. With .10 I could still use the console to view them. Now, no matter how I try, it crashes. We seem to be walking backwards.

Both my brother and father are still running 3.66 and are chomping at the bit to get the 64-bit version, as well as the multi-camera timeline replay - but they're staying away from the upgrade based on my feedback so far.