Blue Iris Version 4 Temporary Manual - CHM (help) File - PDF File with Bookmarks

mthievin

n3wb
Reaction score
Here is a PDF save of the CHM or "help" file for Version 4. Hopefully, it will help a few guys out (like me:)) who need a manual to follow until the developer releases the official manual. The bookmarks have been created to help finding info. Cheers.

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice. I just wish the parts about the web server and JSON API would get a thorough update. Would be a lot easier than sniffing mobile app communications to reverse engineer the features that aren't documented.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there a stand alone official manual for BI currently available I can download?
I do not have BI yet but would like to read through a manual that would discuss all of BI's settings, options and full functionality descriptions if such a thing exists so I can better review and compare it to other software NVR options out there.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a stand alone official manual for BI currently available I can download?
I do not have BI yet but would like to read through a manual that would discuss all of BI's settings, options and full functionality descriptions if such a thing exists so I can better review and compare it to other software NVR options out there.

No, the help file is always evolving. Download the demo and read it or convert it.

Reaction score

Danke, zwischenzeitlich habe ich 3 Webcams in bi eingebunden aber ich habe nicht alle Möglichkeiten
Die BI Software ist ok

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I dont yet have a windows computer, (imac now..would be buying on the sole decision of chosing to use BI or not), so is kind of a catch situation at the moment...I'll check out the attachment. Outdated will be better than nothing.
Thx

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks again for editing the help file, so that now it looks a bit more like a manual and printable as well.:)

In my opinion, the help file was not a really a manual but just a guide to read.
I have a hard time understand the guide, the information is not listed in natural order.
I have to search the FAQ for answer or even type: CTRL + F, to find out certain terminology/word that I don't understand.
But sometimes, I just need to do trial and error approach.i.e. try this and see what will happen. :)

wall46

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a newbie here, evaluating BI4 and found no manual (yes I need dead trees :) )

Here is a PDF save of the CHM or "help" file for Version 4. Hopefully, it will help a few guys out (like me:)) who need a manual to follow until the developer releases the official manual. The bookmarks have been created to help finding info. Cheers.

http://www.warf.com/download/5982_1816_Blue-Iris-Chm-Help-File-03-30-2013.v3.pdf
Throws 403 Forbidden "Access denied. Illegal Name or Password"

Any furter help/ideas ? THX

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a newbie here, evaluating BI4 and found no manual (yes I need dead trees :) )

Which Manual you want? If you want Mthievin's just click on the pdf file (scroll to the very top)
The downloading pdf file will begin ( you must logged into the forum first)

Or alternatively, if you have no time to read the manual.....which to me is a bit confusing,
you can try watching a video tutorials from a guy called Richard who made a fantastic
youtube tutorial on BI:HomeTech Video

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

The help file is the manual.
The PDF above is seriously outdated.

wall46

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, but I wan't something to be printed, so I asked for some PDF.
I can't learn without a paper, need putting notes and stickers on it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, but I wan't something to be printed, so I asked for some PDF.
I can't learn without a paper, need putting notes and stickers on it.
Then print your own, Google explains how to convert the file.