Blue Iris Webserver - Local Access Issues

jjppott2

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I am not really sure where to post this, but I cannot access the Blue Iris webserver. I can access the webserver from the host computer (so I know it is working), but I am not able to access the webserver from any other computers on my local network. I am not trying to setup outside access. I have turned off all of the firewalls that I am aware of. I also opened up port 81 in the windows firewall (even though it is turned off). As far as I can tell, nothing is tying up port 81. I checked with netstat -anobv which shows Blue Iris and searchui.exe using the port, but the searchui instance has the same process id as blue iris, so I assume it is fine...

I am also running HomeAssistant (in a virtual machine) on the same computer, which I can access with no issues.

I am using the latest version of Blue Iris - 5.7.7.18 x64
I have the Register IP address to assist with client app connections (on the about tab checked)
I also have the bind exclusively box checked on the webserver tab (though I am not sure what this does)

I am running windows 10 with a wifi connection.

Any insight would be appreciated.

If there is a better place for me to post, please let me know.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I suspect somewhere along the way one or more computer firewalls changed during an update. Some probably say your home network is private and others say it is public. Go into the firewall to allow both and you should be good. Keep in mind that firewall is as it relates to YOUR network, so unless you plan on taking your router into Starbucks, you are still safe when going into starbucks with your laptop if you have identified YOUR network as public LOL.

jjppott2

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I disabled all of the firewalls (home network, public, etc) and still no dice. I also set my network connection as private (and not public). I am added access to port 81 (tcp?) for all firewall types (home, public, private, etc).