Blue Iris wired cameras problem with often short timeouts!

x-man

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have problem with Blue Iris with 10 IP cameras, most of them wired and I have problem with wired cameras, when I watch live stream with UI3 I see that often some cameras simple often stop to work (timeout) and back online, this is mostly short timeout but I don`t need it!
I have multiple models of Chinese cameras, multiple resolutions but same problem!

Do you know how I can fix this, what can be problem? They working on 10fps, cpu usage is less than 20%, all look good...I also try to use new ethernet switch but problem still exist!

Thanks.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like a failing power supply on the cameras and it loses just enough that BI is perceiving it as a lost signal.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Check cabling and RJ45 connections for good connections and no corrosion. It is critical to have good crimps on all RJ45 connectors. It is also critical to use high quality cable, solid copper and not CCA (copper clad aluminum) as well as high quality RJ45s. Make sure you weatherproof any RJ connector that is outside, not in a temperature controlled environment. Even the amount of moisture generated by heating and cooling can result in corrosion in an RJ45 if it is not properly waterproofed.

x-man

n3wb
Reaction score
I`ll test it with ping and if no loss of packets than no problem with connectors and power supply...

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I think an actual physical inspection would be much more reliable. If you go the ping route, run the ping command for a long time, as in an hour, but it still may not be as reliable as an actual inspection.

x-man

n3wb
Reaction score
Ping to camera 76 000 packets sent and 0 lost! Look like I have some other problem....

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Pull one of the problem cameras down and test it on the bench with a known, good cable. If you have a bunch of no-name Chinese cameras it's going to be a real challenge to figure out what's wrong.

Out of curiosity is your BI PC connected to your router or to the network switch that the cameras are attached to?