Blue Iris won't open please help.

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All of a sudden I can't open Blue Iris. It running as a service but I can't open the program. It just hangs at the splash screen as seen in attached photo. I have windows 10 and I have not installed any new programs. It's a dedicated Blue Iris machine. I tried running the update file from the program folder and I also reinstalled the program all together. It still won't open. I've also restarted. Stopped all Blue Iris tasks and nothing works. I don't want to uninstall cause I don't want to loose all my settings. Any help would be appreciated.

zebrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
System restore?

Will it open in safe mode with networking? Then you can back up your BI settings and reinstall.

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
System restore?

Will it open in safe mode with networking? Then you can back up your BI settings and reinstall.

Thanks safe mode didn't work either and had no system remote points but reverted windows back to a previous build, was able to open to the console but it crashed during the backup. Saved all settings except 3 cameras. Uninstalled and deleted all related registry data. Upon a reinstall it works now.